ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Sony Playstation Network hacked - All your infos are belong to hackers.

(1/7) > >>

Deozaan:
Sony has finally come clean about the "external intrusion" that has caused the company to take down the PlayStation Network service, and the news is almost as bad as it can possibly get. The hackers have all your personal information, although Sony is still unsure about whether your credit card data is safe. Everything else on file when it comes to your account is in the hands of the hackers.

In other words, Sony's security has failed in a spectacular fashion, and we're just now finding out about it. In both practical and PR terms, this is a worst-case scenario.

What did they get?

Here is the data that Sony is sure has been compromised if you have a PlayStation Network Account:

* Your name
* Your address (city, state, and zip)
* Country
* E-mail address
* Birthday
* PSN password and login name-http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/04/sony-admits-utter-psn-failure-your-personal-data-has-been-stolen.ars
--- End quote ---

There's also a good chance that credit card details (except security code) were made available as well. Read the rest of the article on Ars Technica.

phitsc:
Damn, seems like I have to change my password scheme which I have been using for years now. Updating all these passwords is a lot of work. :mad:

Might be a good time to read up on OpenId.

Deozaan:
I thought this was mostly hilarious:

phitsc:

jaden:
Those Hitler rants never get old  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version