ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FaRR running slowly?

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
ohhhh...

one quick clarification - does this delay only happen the first time you bring up farr after a long time of non-use? or if you bring it up and close it 10 times right after one another is it still slow.

if it's only the first time, then this kind of falls into the "it's a feature not a bug" thing, but i've been meaning to make it an option.
after farr is minimized for a long time it gives up its memory to windows so that it uses almost no real memory.  as a result it can be a bit slow to come back to life after it's been minimized for a long time.
i can add an option to not give up memory so easily.

if it's always slow to come up then it is probably the networked recent files thing.

gaikokujinkyofusho:
ah ha! i never thought about if it was just the first time (after a bit of disuse). So apparently this is the feature mouser was talking about. I am *all* for saving memory, but not in something as often used as FaRR, so yeah an option to turn the memory saving on/off would be great! Thanks to all for the help!

cheers

-Gaiko

nontroppo:
the freeze for a couple of seconds thing may be a bug regarding searching networked files..
do you guys with the slowdown have a lan?-mouser (March 08, 2006, 06:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

ah, it seems my freezes are indeed due to this, however my previous install didn't do this so obviously, weird...

and +1 for an option to keep FARR in memory more aggresively, a turbo mode! - it uses so little of it anyway...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version