ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Easiest laptop (brand) to take apart ?

<< < (5/12) > >>

Armando:
There are other "studies"/surveys like this one : http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/hiner/survey-apple-and-asus-win-in-pc-reliability-dell-and-hp-lose/6991. However, who can trust this ? t's about people's opinion, not about facts.

Stoic Joker:
Mac laptops are less reliable than PCs
Research reveales 17% of Apple laptop fail within three years
-Armando (April 25, 2011, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Those are both the same link  :huh:

Armando:
Mac laptops are less reliable than PCs
Research reveales 17% of Apple laptop fail within three years
--- End quote ---

Those are both the same link  :huh:
-Stoic Joker (April 25, 2011, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it's the same title spread on 2 different lines. I'll change that. [Also added a link to the original study-pdf]

Armando:
The Best Laptop Brands: A Comprehensive Review cites several sources. Maybe the most balanced article I read till now.

jgpaiva:
Thanks jgpaiva. You're not the first one I hear who's not satisfied with Acer's support... But I've also heard other comments of very satisfied people. Without any comprehensive study, it's hard to really see the broader picture.
--- End quote ---
My experience was simple: The hdd died. I asked for a replacement and the replacement died the next day it arrived. I then sent it back and asked them to look into it better since it probably was not an hdd problem. They replaced the hdd and sent it back. This time it didn't even work out of the box. I sent it back again, and reported the previous experiences. They ignored my comments, replaced the hdd and sent it back to me. It died the next day, I bought a new computer and swore never to buy an acer again.
Other than this and overheating a bit, the laptop was actually nice.

Regarding apple: At work we use apple. The older computers (4years +) have no trouble. However, about 50% of the new computers (laptops and desktops, a total of around 15 machines) failed within 1 to 2 years. My own desktop went to be repaired for screen problems, but the laptop has no problems. The warranty was pretty good, however (but since this is Portugal and the support it not given by Apple themselves, YMMV). We now buy all machines with warranty extension, since some failed within 3 years (standard warranty covers up to 2 years).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version