topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:47 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Tech UN-Support  (Read 2108 times)

Stoic Joker

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Tech UN-Support
« on: April 25, 2011, 01:23 PM »
Once again a chapter of the You Gotta be Friggin Kidding Me files unfolds...

I just got off the phone with a client I have know for several years. It is a nice little old lady that while not technically adept, is other wise quite sharp. She wanted me to replace the NIC in her computer (or sell her a new computer) because the group of "Tech Support" people at her ISP which will remain nameless felt it had gone bad due to the fact that the DSL routers Activity Light would not stop flashing...

Hm... A "dead" NIC with Line activity ... Must be Zombie traffic perhaps?

There other bit of completely misinterpreted info was an error message that popped up every time IE (or another web request) was opened. The error? ...No Dial Tone Detected...

Now I realize that a large trained IT staff can be a bit expensive. But they really should make sure the people they hire can at least read well enough to follow the damn flow chart. For the rest...McDonald's is now hiring!

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Tech UN-Support
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 03:25 PM »
Nice of you not to sell her a NIC - or that new computer. :Thmbsup:

I know a few places (and not small local guys either) that would have done it in a heartbeat if it was given them as an option.  >:(

How some people in our 'biz' manage to sleep at night will always remain a mystery to me.  :-\
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 03:28 PM by 40hz »