ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's your experience with 3rd party color inkjet ink replacement?

<< < (2/15) > >>

Ath:
I have bought refilled color and black cartridges for my Canon printer, but I've been so unsatisfied with them, that I never bought them again.
My complaints had to do with poor printing quality, shorter then expected lifespan and even non-working cartridges (though for someone other's HP printer, not mine), and on the subjective side with bad smells (I'm quite picky about 'chemical' smells :o) of the fresh output pages and really brownish-grey 'black' printed areas. And this was from one of the major 3rd party suppliers in W-Europe!
I've now returned to the original (expensive) cartridges, as my low printing volume doesn't justify the purchase of a color laser printer (yet), and I really hate 'funny' smells in my home work-area.

mouser:
i must say the color lasers are starting to look nice these days.  not for photos but for other stuff.

Stoic Joker:
i must say the color lasers are starting to look nice these days.  not for photos but for other stuff.
-mouser (April 22, 2011, 03:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

HP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer $179.99

OEM Cartridges are $55.99 and good for 1,000 pages, which works out to about 6 cents for a color page (assuming 5% coverage). Full blead/Edge-2-Edge photo prints will be closer to 20% coverage but it's still cheaper than ink for the rough draft stuff...(Paper type makes a big difference)...Actually the quality is getting better these days.

I doubt we can beat the online price for that model, but I'll check with the sales manager if you like.

MilesAhead:
Don't know about Cannon. A guy I knew who wrote Windows printer drivers told me if I wanted photo quality on the cheap, to get Epson Stylus. I've had a couple. I don't use the photo paper, just plain paper.  But as nudone mentioned, the compatible cartridges have worked well for me.

I can't see paying $30 for a printer cartridge to stick in an $80 printer. It didn't take me long to try some online stores.  Tried 123inkjets and can't complain. I think out of almost 100 cartridges purchased over time I may have had 2 dry ones. I just chuck 'em as for around $5 it's not worth the hassle to try to get a refund.  Seems as good as OEM stuff to me. The dry cartridge was the only problem I can recall. Never had one that leaked in the printer or did anything else weird. If it had ink in it, it worked as expected.

Stoic Joker:
A guy I knew who wrote Windows printer drivers told me if I wanted photo quality on the cheap, to get Epson Stylus.-MilesAhead (April 22, 2011, 05:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

True, our (recently retired) production manager loves his, and has had it for several years. The Out-Of-Box drivers sucked (print quality wise), but he downloaded an updated one from Epson...and the prints then looked just as good as a photo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version