ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's your experience with 3rd party color inkjet ink replacement?

<< < (6/15) > >>

tomos:
I generally check reviews here - I've seen subsitute inks (in europe) that have been tested as even better -in ways- than the original inks.
I'd trust (german language) tests/reviews by C't or Stiftung Warentest magazines.

Canon ink has very good longevity, but there are other's that have that too. That aspect doesnt bother me that much (as long as it's not very poor in the replacement inks).
The substitute inks I use are KMP, JET TEC, and Peach (I dont like Peach black, and cant recommend their service). I dont know are these good for all ink types but have been generally reviewed "good" as replacement for Canon CLI-8 inks (original inks are better).

If you are looking for a review, and your printer model is very new, find out what type of ink it uses (e.g. Canon CLI-8) and then search for substitutes for that

y0himba:
I have had the best luck with http://private.abacus24-7.com

I have a Canon MX860 and the ink is extremely affordable.  The cartridges have always worked, and they have a chip in them.  Abacus has been around a very long time. The couple of times I called due to shipping issues (storm delays) they are polite and laugh with you on the line.  Good folks. They provide telephone support and you talk to a person.

http://private.abacus24-7.com/compatibility.aspx?compat=22631 (My ink)

You can see that they are inexpensive.  My printer is AMAZING and does everything.  Has a dialing pad for faxes, all that good stuff.  

I cannot recommend the printer or Abacus enough.

Renegade:
Many many moons ago I used to use inkjets, and used refills all the time with no problems. Ink. Syringe. Fun times! :)

I forget what kinds I had. I know I had a Canon... Not sure about any other brands though. It was a while ago.

I know people that swear by Epson though. A fellow I know managed to buy cases of cartridges for like a buck a piece. Not sure how. Perhaps an old out of date printer? I forget.

HankFriedman:
I have been using the third party ink cartridges from LDProducts.com for my Canon iP5000 printer for many years, and they work flawlessly and save me about 70% of the cost of a new OEM cartridge.

I wouldn't go back if you paid me    :)

Ath:
Hm, pity they don't ship outside of USA/Canada :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version