ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hoppy Easter~!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Shades:
Don't worry, thats what those NSFW (or mental health) buttons are for right? ;D

zridling:
Ha!! A lot of conservative American christianists greet each other with "Happy Easter!" But according to their bible, there was nothing happy about the events of the weekend. I'm sticking with the Flying Spaghetti Monster for now.

Stoic Joker:
But according to their bible, there was nothing happy about the events of the weekend.
-zridling (April 22, 2011, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

(Translation: Glad it wasn't me) Everybody else had a great weekend, the weather was nice...

Deozaan:
Ha!! A lot of conservative American christianists greet each other with "Happy Easter!" But according to their bible, there was nothing happy about the events of the weekend. I'm sticking with the Flying Spaghetti Monster for now.
-zridling (April 22, 2011, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Nothing happy about the events of the weekend? Are you serious? :huh:

Christianity is meaningless without the events of that weekend. It's not about the death of Christ. It's about His resurrection and the gift of the atonement for our sins.

If you don't believe it, that's fine by me.

But if you do believe it, then there's nothing happier in the world than knowing your sins can be forgiven and you will be resurrected, all because of the events that took place that weekend.

cthorpe:
Nothing[/i] happy about the events of the weekend? Are you serious? :huh:

Christianity is meaningless without the events of that weekend.
-Deozaan (April 22, 2011, 07:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly.  It's not like Christians go around wishing each other a Happy Good Friday (Good Friday being the day Jesus was crucified).  Easter celebrates the resurrection of Jesus.  I don't see how that would not be happy for a believer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version