ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

I think we should close the Company Complaints and Compliments Section

<< < (9/12) > >>

mouser:
moving all posts now.

MilesAhead:
I'm on another board that has a "rants" section.  There's a thread there started in 2008. Maybe a couple of years ago I read the initial post. I don't remember for sure.  But every few weeks or so somebody posts a follow-up.  Might as well be a sticky. It's like the thread that wouldn't die. When Sol super novas they'll be this one last follow-up saying the original poster was a jerk!!

mouser:
When Sol super novas they'll be this one last follow-up saying the original poster was a jerk
--- End quote ---
;D

J-Mac:
I really don’t care that forum is gone, but I did notice that the few times I saw you complain about that forum was during Phrase Express thread wars, mouser. It seemed that you always stepped in and defended that creep and immediately afterward threatened to close that forum.

So I have to ask... what's up with that? Just curious.

Thank you.

Jim

PS - The great majority of PE's rants and attacks have been in forums other than the Complaints forum. Search the Deals forum - every time another text expander is mentioned as being on sale somewhere he starts his crap all over again. Take a look.

Jim

mouser:
It seemed that you always stepped in and defended that creep and immediately afterward threatened to close that forum.
--- End quote ---

I've been uneasy with that section from day one, and I'm always skeptical of creating new forum sections..  I don't remember if it was same product that started the first heated argument in that section a year ago or so, but at that time others were suggesting to me privately that the section seemed like it shouldn't exist and was going to just be a source of general negativity -- at the time i had pretty much concluded it should be closed, but then things calmed down and i just let sleeping dogs lie.  So when things started up this time i was already predisposed to try to remove that section.

Note that the posts in that section have not been deleted, just merged into the other main sections of the forum, where presumably they will have an even larger readership (though not nearly as special a status), and that I'm often asked by people to remove such negative threads and always reply that we don't remove posts because they are controversial, etc.

I don't have any relationship with phrase express or the author or really any position on those arguments other than to have privately reached out to both sides and told them they were making the situation worse with the tone of their posts and the ad hominem attacks -- not that my advice seems to have had much influence.  I generally find it my responsibility in such cases to try to stay as neutral as possible and see both sides of these kinds of debates.  I know that bothers some people sometimes -- and occasionally I find myself privately very sympathetic to one side of an argument or another but still conclude that as long as their are strong advocates already on one side, no one needs me to jump in and try to tip the scales any further.

Hope that clears up the question -- not trying to choose sides just trying to do my best to keep the forum focused on being productive, helpful, fair, and open!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version