ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

I think we should close the Company Complaints and Compliments Section

<< < (10/12) > >>

bmms:
The great majority of PE's rants and attacks have been in forums other than the Complaints forum. Search the Deals forum - every time another text expander is mentioned as being on sale somewhere he starts his crap all over again. Take a look.

Jim
-J-Mac (April 22, 2011, 02:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, please do take a look.

What you will find is, that my last such posting is from November 01, 2009!

At the time of that posting in 2009, I learned, that DC is not the suitable place to debate intellectual property issues in the way I did. I sincerely apologize for my misconception and for any bad feeling this may have caused to you. I learned my lesson at that time and apologize.

Now, it would be fair if you would recognize, that as a consequence of that event, I never started any such posting ever again.

It would really appreciated if you would not beat this horse again which is dead for more than one and a half year. Please realize that it is decomposed to dust and won't live up anymore.

It was not me, who opened this recent attack on us (and I am clueless why it happened yet again and why it happened yet again at DC in particular). But we have been attacked and not you. And we reserve the right to take position if we want to do so. Whether you like or not. It is just not your business.

Please understand, that it is my paid job to answer on any posting that relates to us or our products.  You, however, should not feel such obligation. You can and you definitely should opt to ignore threads related to our product. You do not need to bother with it as you and we are well aware that you don't like it anyway.

I promise you that I will never open any non-related thread  anymore as I already did for the last years.

Peace.

Josh:
Here's an idea, how about you let users discuss products without your interaction. Sometimes the best information a user can receive is from that of another user, and not an employee who makes it his personal goal to ensure they have the company's viewpoint over that of another user. Developers tend to be biased towards their own product, rightfully so, and users tend to be biased on what works for their situation.

I, for one, will NEVER recommend your products solely based on your responses on this forum in the past and as of current. I do not tolerate companies who have employees who behave in the way you do. Attacking end users for stating their opinion is wrong. Constantly trolling a forum only when your products name appears just to "get the story straight" is not conducive to good discussion. Every thread you join ends up in some war because you start your posts in an attacking nature.

Donationcoder is about discussing software and related topics. It is about users looking for a tool to do a specific job. Sometimes we debate about why Product X is better than Product Y. It is nice when developers step in OCCASIONALLY, but you take it to an extreme which detracts from useful conversation. You attack users who make any negative claims against your products. Sometimes, silence is the best answer. I have held my breath on this topic for some time now but feel I needed to get my voice out there.

You are doing more harm to your company than good. I have recommended a competing product, Direct Access, to people I've worked with, in the past and currently. I've used your products, extensively too, but refuse to recommend them because I do not want the users to whom I recommend products to be attacked in a manner similar to what I've witnessed here. That makes me look bad for knowingly recommending the product knowing the way the company behaves (You speak for your company, so yes the company behaves in whatever manner you portray).

bmms:
Peace, Josh. Peace.

J-Mac:
Michael,

First, I was responding to mousers's post and I will do that any damn time I please, and about any relevant subject.  :)  If you wish for me to not discuss such matters on your forum I will certainly respect that. But don’t expect to come into another forum, particularly where I am a long time supporting member, and tell me what and when to post.

Jim

Dormouse:
I don't have ... any position on those arguments other than to have privately reached out to both sides and told them they were making the situation worse with the tone of their posts and the ad hominem attacks -- not that my advice seems to have had much influence. 
-mouser (April 22, 2011, 06:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version