ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Xamarian Open - MonoTouch for iOS and Mono for Android available now

(1/1)

Renegade:
I know this won't get some people excited, but... Miguel De Icaza has Xamarian open now! That's pretty fast all things considered.

http://xamarin.com/

I won't be buying right away as I've got enough on my plate and won't get to developing anything there for a while, but it's good to know that they're still going.

Ath:
Hm, I'll wait and see. They'll be severely hampered now that the remains of Novell have stopped development of Mono :-\

Renegade:
Hm, I'll wait and see. They'll be severely hampered now that the remains of Novell have stopped development of Mono :-\
-Ath (July 22, 2011, 01:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's the thing -- Xamarian is the new Mono basically. It's got Miguel, and he's been the driving force behind it. The guy gave the world GNOME, so I figure I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Still, crossing my fingers and hoping for the best.

f0dder:
Will be interesting to see what happens, with new company and (hopefully? :)) transferred code ownership etc.

I just hope Mono doesn't die - and it would be nice if it could even pick up some pace. Don't care much for MonoTouch etc., my primary concern is having a .NET platform outside of Windows.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version