ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone here using a standing desk?

<< < (18/23) > >>

40hz:
Hmm...now that I think about it, my monitor is elevated and angled downward when I do that. I'll also keep a small wireless keyboard/trackpad combo (or rigid backed 1/4" graph paper pad) in my lap most times too. I also frequently use Dragon-NS with a headset in combination with the above.
 :)

wraith808:
Yeah... I was already doing most of this.  Because of trends and studies, I kept thinking about moving to a standing desk.  Glad to read this, however.  :Thmbsup:

paulobrabo:
Most of the people who I've heard advocate for standing desks are noticeably athletic younger people with no disabilities or old injuries to deal with.

Like her:
 (see attachment in previous post)
You know the type.  ;D
-40hz (April 10, 2014, 01:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm certainly not her, being otherwise lazy and closer to 50 than I have ever been – but I work on my standing desk at least 8 hours a day. I read the linked article some days ago because the title caught my interest; I thought I would find a good, sound medical reason the author had discovered to kill his standing desk... and in the end it was only the pain – certainly a good reason, but a very personal one, because I've never felt any.

My story goes the other way round because I had much pain in my back... until I started to work standing. I would suggest everyone interested to have a go: use a makeshift platform to work standing some hours a day for some days. I'm far from a paragon of health, but I just can't work sitting down anymore. It feels like I am literally chained to the chair, unauthorized to move and robbed of my most sacred personal freedoms 8)

40hz:
@paulobrabo - ^Well...I guess it's a good thing I said "most of the people" and not "all of the people" huh? ;D

paulobrabo:
@paulobrabo - ^Well...I guess it's a good thing I said "most of the people" and not "all of the people" huh? ;D
-40hz (April 10, 2014, 05:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Of course!  :Thmbsup: But it's always the damn exceptions that won't let you sleep!  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version