ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Anyone here using a standing desk?

<< < (16/23) > >>

urlwolf:
I've used a standing hydraulic table for ~7 months now. I do 70% standing, switching back and forth to sitting when I feel like it. I would not change my setup for anything in the world.

barney:
The long periods of standing just allow the damage caused by the valve failure to happen quicker
--- End quote ---

???

Sounds like a circular argument to me.  Or, perhaps more correctly, a specious one.  It still says that you'll get varicose more quickly by standing because of bad valves, and states prior to that, that the valves, at lest on the tested group (all female  :huh:) failed early on in their life.

Standing may not cause the problem, but is acknowledged to accelerate it.

That's like saying someone is obese because of a medical condition, not because of dietary excess ... either way, they're still fat  :tellme: :P.

barney:
I've used a standing hydraulic table for ~7 months now. I do 70% standing, switching back and forth to sitting when I feel like it. I would not change my setup for anything in the world.
-urlwolf (July 18, 2011, 01:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Now that seems practical.  Just out of curiosity, where did you obtain the table?  That might work will for this decrepit wreck that houses whatever is me  :-\, but most all of what I've seen is industrial, usually heavy duty and heavy price.

urlwolf:
It is heavy as hell, yes.
The brand name is linak. I bought it used in Berlin.

mouser:
ArsTechnica report on standing desk experiment: http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/09/taking-a-stand-my-experience-working-at-an-elevating-desk.ars

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version