ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Complaint about Bartels Media \ the PhraseExpress people

<< < (10/12) > >>

Renegade:
That aside i guess you do know about bartlesmedia's fake profile spree - mattphoes, mitch etc etc. Not just on DC but on other forums to badmouth anyone who's against phraseexpress by hiding behind persona to help their brand.
-mahesh2k (April 21, 2011, 01:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, no. I haven't seen any of that.

Either way, this thread is a good place to leave. :)

cmpm:
I disagree, Michael, with your last post entirely.
Just because it's someone's first post does not make that person a troll.
Unless you can find a history of inflammatory posts by same person, it does not apply.

DC is a serious platform for discussion. You are trying to tell DC how to operate?
It's your 'PE is the only right choice' for this kind of program that is annoying to some.

40hz:
I think this thread should be locked at this stage.
--- End quote ---

This thread should not only be locked but deleted. I would love to see if this forum finally would stop making a business out of giving anonymous trolls a platform to spread unsubstantial rants with the sole purpose of harming business reputation.

We really have no problems if you express that you had any issues with our products. But it should be done in a respectful and appropriate manner. This extremely hostile and invalid posting really is intolerable. Take it down.-BartelsMedia (April 21, 2011, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think if you spent a little more time around here, you would know that's not the sort of thing that gets done at DoCo.

And if you had a little more understanding and appreciation for what DoCo is all about, you might know why.

This thread has nothing to do with free speech - If DC ever wanted to be taken as a serious platform, it should reserve some control to allow keeping a minimum of mutual respect. It seems to be necessary as some unfortunate parts of this forum community itself is obviously lacking that.

--- End quote ---

FYI: DoCo is viewed and admired as a "serious platform" by a large number of people -  many of whom are not members of the site. It's also widely respected for the degree of civility displayed in its forums. It's spoken of quite highly in many places on the web.

(Just thought you'd like to know.)

:)

bmms:
Just because it's someone's first post does not make that person a troll.
Unless you can find a history of inflammatory posts by same person, it does not apply.
--- End quote ---

Do you really believe that a newcomer with serious intentions of joining a community would ever choose a first posting of that nature?

It's your 'PE is the only right choice' for this kind of program that is annoying to some.
--- End quote ---

Why are you so emotional? You know, that I never ever said or meant that.

Your heated way of argumenting at least now make me understand that you had no real intentions to seriously discuss at this thread. What a pity that you have motivations to act in this way.

nosh:
BartelsMedia ->
In this context, you have to be aware, that competitors have set Google Alerts for our product as well. ;-)
--- End quote ---

Mattphoes
No I am not. Would I've asked then? ;-)
--- End quote ---

Merida
I cannot imagine that you did not know that you can switch off the features you don't want/need. ;-)
--- End quote ---

Just curious, does PhraseExpress expand the usual wink smiley into the rather unusual ;-) ?

But seriously, someone needs to break convention and delete this thread. It's proving way too embarrassing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version