ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Complaint about Bartels Media \ the PhraseExpress people

<< < (5/12) > >>

wraith808:
^ I'm always here.  While you... appear.  Let the differences speak for themselves.

bmms:
Finally, I have at least one fan! :-*

cthorpe:
Perhaps companies like Microsoft, Apple, and Paypal can afford to ignore attacks because of their size.  For all the complaining people do about each of them, they still make millions.  For someone like Lady GaGa, the "negative" press is actually positive in that a celebrity exists because of publicity (- or +).

For a smaller company like the one that develops PhraseExpress, these kinds of attacks can be much more damaging.

Does that mean that I am 100% comfortable with the tone of BartlesMedia's posts here on DC and other forums?  No, it does not.  When PE was on BitsDuJour recently, I immediately thought of his posts here and that did make me hesitate when it came to buying the software.  By the end of the day, however, I decided that the software fulfilled my needs better than the other options out there so I made the purchase.  I do think there are better ways to handle one's public image, but I don't fault him for wanting to respond to attacks like the original post in this thread.

Also, and please do not take this the wrong way, I wonder if the oddities in tone, humor, and how BartlesMedia "does business" is, at least somewhat, a product of English not being his first language.  I say this because I have worked with many such individuals who's writing has similar issues.  As a teacher, I can attest that tone is difficult for many native speakers to master, let alone non-native speakers.

Disclaimer
The above post expresses my personal opinion and is in no way intended to reflect the opinion of DonationCoder.com, its members, or its staff.  I am not affiliated with the software in question, other than being a licensed user.

bmms:
What I wonder that some visitors here debate my tone in great extend while having any slightest problem with the tone/accusations of the original poster at all. Stunning!

And yes, I am not a native speaker and I start to believe that my words seem to have a different meaning than intended. For example, I wonder, why some value my first response as "aggressive"?! Of course, I clearly refused the original poster's claims and it seems to be too obvious that he is a troll but is it really considered aggressive in "your" culture to say it?

cranioscopical:
We've seen a complaint and a rebuttal, not for the first time.

Surely that is enough.

My vote is to avoid responding further in this topic before it beomes something with which the community at DC becomes uncomfortable.
Spats are not our way.

For myself, I choose to ignore this topic from now on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version