ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Complaint about Bartels Media \ the PhraseExpress people

<< < (6/12) > >>

steeladept:
What I wonder that some visitors here debate my tone in great extend while having any slightest problem with the tone/accusations of the original poster at all. Stunning!
-BartelsMedia (April 20, 2011, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
It is quite simple.  The OP is an original poster who claims to watch, but we have no proof they know the way DC works.  Moreover, there is no indication they will ever return and no response, good or bad, will likely ever be given the time.  You, on the other hand, have been here for quite some time, are aware of the policies and tenor of the site, and have proven you will return and respond to all posts.  Therefore, it is quite likely you will read this criticism and, perhaps, internalize it thereby changing the way you respond in the future.  It may work to your benefit, maybe not.  Either way it helps the original respondent provide a way to let you know what they think of your response.  If you didn't respond, it is likely it would not be debated like this - just like the OP.  However, since you responded, it gets debated.  Human nature.

wraith808:
Also, and please do not take this the wrong way, I wonder if the oddities in tone, humor, and how BartlesMedia "does business" is, at least somewhat, a product of English not being his first language.  I say this because I have worked with many such individuals who's writing has similar issues.  As a teacher, I can attest that tone is difficult for many native speakers to master, let alone non-native speakers.
-cthorpe (April 20, 2011, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

As the "does business" part is a partial quote of something that I said, I'll bite.  All that you say would be taken into account most duly, if not for certain harassing actions, through PMs and other means (and even seen in this topic when I was calling for it to be locked and ignored).  Having someone on a board where you frequent, and indeed enjoy discourse with others flood your PMs (and subsequently e-mail) with attacks is very off putting, and something that is quite difficult, even given my normal laid back nature, to forget or ignore- especially in the face of others' defense.  Indeed, I can even admit that I shouldn't have posted this response, and held it in my browser for quite a while before doing so.  But in the end, I succumbed.  So for the best, I'm marking this thread to ignore, trying to follow Chris' example in the future.

bmms:
What I wonder about is the focus of this debate.

Is it really completely acceptable for you guys, that any anonymous troll can walk in, make any reputation-harming claim he wants and walk away without criticism?

And do you really find it acceptable to bash the victim when he makes a statement and provide evidence against the false claim?

bmms:
So for the best, I'm marking this thread to ignore, trying to follow Chris' example in the future.-wraith808 (April 20, 2011, 01:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wraith, I would love if this long-going wish would ever come true.

Now, here is the deal:

Refrain from any BartelsMedia related thread at DC for one year and I will donate PE licenses worth US $1,400.- to fellow DC forum members (with more than 1000 postings). Mouser can run a nice "Happy Easter 2012" promotion with those licenses.

The deal starts from now on. No confirmation required.

Addendum: As expected, Wraith failed within less than a day. Sorry about that.

mahesh2k:
Perhaps companies like Microsoft, Apple, and Paypal can afford to ignore attacks because of their size.  For all the complaining people do about each of them, they still make millions.  For someone like Lady GaGa, the "negative" press is actually positive in that a celebrity exists because of publicity (- or +). For a smaller company like the one that develops PhraseExpress, these kinds of attacks can be much more damaging.
--- End quote ---

I have to disagree with you there,chris. Take case of small piece of software -thesis theme which is developed for wordpress. When matt(owner of wordpress) and his fanbois attacked chris pearson(author of thesis theme) for violation of GPL and other business tactics, his sales didn't reflected at all. In fact he managed to use that issue in his favor because of his transparency in business. If any service/product is transparent with claims and has friendly relations with customers then there is no need to panic and jump in public forums to defend reputation. Obviously there are few variables involved here before anyone hits panic button for reputation management for their brand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version