ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

NewsBin Pro $35.00 -> $10.00 *lifetime subscription*

<< < (2/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
I see the deal has changed to $15.

Right now I'm using v. 6 Beta 14:
http://www.newsbin.com/beta.php

I think you have to be a registered user of 5.x.

I've been updating the 6 betas right along.  With 14 most of the glitches are cosmetic.  A few nits here and there, but it's stable enough I'm using it as my primary binary newsreader.

One thing I didn't like about 5.x, I liked to have the groups list on the left and the posts list on the right.  But having the groups list open meant I really had to use the horizontal scrollbar to have a large enough area for the subject line.

With v. 6 I can dock the groups list next to the posts list vertical scrollbar on the right and size it so it fits in the window, kind of floating above the posts list.  Plenty of room for subject line and other info with no horizontal scrollbar.

Bionic71:
new offer? or lowered their price perhaps.
i'm using newsleecher as well, maybe newsleecher will now charge less.
newsleecher is $19.99 for a yearly subscription without internet search :\

MilesAhead:
I'm not sure.  The wording doesn't say anything about an expiration for the offer. Their main competition is Usenet Explorer which is still $35. My speculation would be they are trying to stimulate registrations instead of everyone waiting for v. 6 to be released.  But that's just a guess. It's been $35 for a long time.

Even though if you register for 5 you can get 6 no charge I think the tendency is for people to wait for 6.  They can to the 10 day trial on the version they'll actually be using that way.

6 is a major update with data format changes(the spool changed again) and the window library, even though the gui itself looks similar to 5, is a new ballgame. People may be doing the old wait and see.

MilesAhead:
Newsbin 6 just went RC1.  Looks like the $15 deal is still in effect.

If you have Registered v. 5.x installed the 6 RC1 installer will act as an upgrade.
If you're not a registered user you're probably better off getting the Trial download.

http://www.newsbin.com/beta.php

MilesAhead:
Newsbin 6 RC2 is available for download.

I've been using it all day.  Seems pretty solid.  Looks like a few tweaks needed such as W7 Taskbar Progress being related to actual download progress.  Seems to just light up and do stuff.  But you can disable it in NewsBinPro.nbi [settings]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version