ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Unlocker 1.8.7 released - 01/05/2008

<< < (7/7)

Stoic Joker:
Looks like it finally supports 64-bit now too (Guess I'll have to try it - If I can remember).

Curt:
... try it - If I can remember).-Stoic Joker (April 14, 2011, 06:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

ehh... I would have been just as fast installing it as posting about installing it  :P

Stoic Joker:
... try it - If I can remember).-Stoic Joker (April 14, 2011, 06:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

ehh... I would have been just as fast installing it as posting about installing it  :P
-Curt (April 14, 2011, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

If I was at home on the x64 machine in question, yes ... But I was not... Hence the wait. ;)

IainB:
Thanks for the posts about Unlocker updates. I was looking for an update and have downloaded and installed Unlocker1.9.1-x64.exe.
I found no viruses, though it has an avoidable (i.e., you can deselect it) piece of adware in the install. Previously there had always been the Yabector or e-Bay viruses/trojans. Unlocker software was always very useful (though the viruses/trojans it contained were annoying and Microsoft Security Essentials would always object to them).

Last week I went looking for an update to Unlocker and had no joy. These are my notes (below) - they might be useful to users of "Unlocker" (a great little piece of software IMHO:          :Thmbsup:

* I have the author's blog (Cedrick Collomb blog - http://ccollomb.free.fr/blog/ in my Google Reader, but there seem to be no posts after July 2, 2010. His posts were interesting and useful. However, now the blog seems to have gone, though I can access the stored abbreviated posts to the blog in my Google Reader.
* He also has a blog at emptyloop.com , but parts of that seem to be broken.
* Several other sites that he used or linked to for downloads seem to have have removed links to download his software, because they were infected with viruses (e.g., Yabector).
* I have had some correspondence over the last couple of years with Cedrick Collomb. I recently emailed him to see if he was OK, as his blogs seem to have been abandoned. He referred to the emptyloop blog and said "Blog is still down there, I kind of lost my database."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version