ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MD5Hash 2.9

<< < (9/9)

f0dder:
As I understand it, GDI+ is basically a C++ wrapper (and added convenience stuff) around GDI. So if GDI is hardware accelerated, GDI+ should be. IIRC, GDI has been accelerated pretty much up to and including XP, with Vista (WDDM 1.0) going mostly-software (for GDI), and Win7 (WDDM1.1) adds hardware acceleration back.

It's all a bit messy :)

If you want hardware acceleration, you'll want your bitmaps in GPU memory, and direct access to pixels are going to be slow - if you need pixel access, do stuff non-accelerated in system memory and blit when you're all done.

MilesAhead:
Thanks for the tips. :)

MilesAhead:
MD5Hash itself has not been updated, but I've added a note and html link to the Readme file.  In Windows Seven, even though an executable is only opened in read-only mode, if the exe was downloaded this can cause that Security Dialog to pop up when MD5Hash computes the checksum via Context Menu.

Don't ask me why.  As noted in the Readme, this tutorial shows how to kill off the security dialog.  The tutorial includes a .reg file download. I just did it on my machine and it worked fine.  The .reg file you want to download and run is:

Enable_Unblock_Open_File_Security_Warning.reg.reg

After running you'll probably need to log off, then back on, for the registry setting to go into effect.

Here's the link to the tutorial:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/124427-open-file-security-warning-allow-prevent-unblock-file.html?filter[2]=Security%20System%20Tools

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version