ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Online Armor 5

(1/1)

Curt:
Their prices are not too low, so I hope "we" can get a discount
for the new Emsisoft Online Armor version 5:

http://www.emsisoft.com/

Emsisoft Online Armor Firewall 5.0 available!
Emsisoft Online Armor Firewall 5.0

A Firewall keeps a constant eye on the data traffic of your computer and only allows Internet and local network connections for authorized programs and processes. In recent years, Emsisoft Online Armor has made a name for itself as a comprehensive security solution that is also easy to understand and operate for those who are not computer experts.

This Firewall not only protects the user against attacks from the Internet but also allows permanent monitoring of suspicious system-internal processes. Online Armor is therefore also a full-featured HIPS (Host Intrusion Protection System), in other words a type of Firewall for internal operating system processes.
--- End quote ---

Emsisoft Online Armor is available in three versions:

* Online Armor Free

Can be used by home users completely free of charge. The program provides a strong Firewall and comprehensive Web protection. The Freeware version also detects Keyloggers and offers several protection routines to protect the Firewall itself from manipulation.

* Online Armor Premium - US $40 in the first year, then at a lower cost for renewals

Additionally the Premium version includes access to product support, access to Advanced Mode features, File and Registry protection, DNS-Spoofing protection, automatic updates and the especially important Online-Banking mode that prevents undesirable manipulation of internet banking operations.

* Online Armor ++ - US $60 in the first year, then at a lower cost for renewals

Also provides an award winning dual scan engine Anti-Virus / Anti-Malware Scanner and a Rootkit Scanner.

--- End quote ---
http://www.emsisoft.com/

sajman99:
Yep, Online Armor is a fine firewall which has consistently been one of the best available.

Too bad about the fallout with Matousec. OA should be included in any reputable firewall test.

Curt:
I stopped reading Matousec some years ago when he accused ehh... ESET NOD32 or Agnitum Outpost, for something. I was using both.

I have had a key for Online Armor 4++, but following a couple of updates, OA began to be slow. I guess this must have been fixed by now. Today I have a lifetime key for Outpost Security Suite (I have been using Outpost since version 2.5, now at version 7), otherwise I would be very tempted to upgrade to OA version 5.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version