ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Downloadsquad shutting down - Another one bites the dust

<< < (7/8) > >>

kyrathaba:
Another decent site that's gone belly-up is Elite Freeware.  I used to read that blog a lot, and was sorry to see it's going away.

lanux128:
Another decent site that's gone belly-up is Elite Freeware.  I used to read that blog a lot, and was sorry to see it's going away.
-kyrathaba (July 09, 2011, 10:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

yeah, too bad. the author, [user]gexecuter[/user] was an active member of DoCo too..

Edvard:
Hey Guyz,

What's with all the whining and resignation to the demise of a favorite site??  Let's DO something: write your congressional representatives, the president, or even better let's start an email campaign to let them know our dismay.  May not help but it couldn't hurt. Now, anyone have a suitable destination (e.g. at huffington post for our emails to be sent???  They may not realize that they're making a mistake.  This is the new electronic democracy of the internet!!    Raise your voices!

Best regards,
Chuck
-brotman (June 13, 2011, 11:57 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yeah!!
Send email to Queen Huffington; if we flood her with enough, maybe she'll change her mind.

(Nothing against you Chuck, but you can bet that trying to turn someone like Ms. Huffington will prove quite futile. My opinion of her has never been positive ever, and now it's even worse...)

lanux128:
Browserscene hasn't been updated in over a month.. anyone has any clues to what had happened?

• http://www.browserscene.com/

40hz:
Browserscene hasn't been updated in over a month.. anyone has any clues to what had happened?

• http://www.browserscene.com/
-lanux128 (July 25, 2011, 11:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

I did a little web crawling. But didn't find any relevant news or info. So I emailed Lee Mathews directly and asked what's up. Hopefully I'll hear back from him.

I'll post if I do. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version