ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Downloadsquad shutting down - Another one bites the dust

<< < (5/8) > >>

40hz:
They appear to have landed here: Browser Scene
-johnk (April 15, 2011, 08:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yay!

What's all this, then?

Well, when Download Squad shut down, we needed somewhere to write. Immediately. This is what we've done for years, and we wanted to keep doing it.

Because we love writing about and playing with all the amazing Web browsers and apps out there, we decided to zero in and make that our focus.

The design will change, we may switch publishing platforms, and the Earth could be overrun by zombies. But we'll still be here posting.
The Crew
Lee Mathews
Vlad
Matthew Rogers
Sebastian Anthony
Erez Zukerman

--- End quote ---

Curt:
DownloadSquad (the popular tech blog with an emphasis on software) is closing down, as a consequence of the AOL/Huffington Post merge. -paulobrabo (April 12, 2011, 01:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is one of those situations where my little square brains are getting confused. I have visited DownloadSquad every week for maybe 3 or even 4 years, so in my imagination every software lover in the world will be familiar with DownloadSquad. But I have never ever even heard of this huffington thing.

phitsc:
DownloadSquad (the popular tech blog with an emphasis on software) is closing down, as a consequence of the AOL/Huffington Post merge. -paulobrabo (April 12, 2011, 01:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is one of those situations where my little square brains are getting confused. I have visited DownloadSquad every week for maybe 3 or even 4 years, so in my imagination every software lover in the world will be familiar with DownloadSquad. But I have never ever even heard of this huffington thing.

-Curt (April 15, 2011, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've never heard of either :o  Not that it means anything ;)

wraith808:
They appear to have landed here: Browser Scene
-johnk (April 15, 2011, 08:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wish them the best- but their narrowed focus unfortunately means I won't have as much of a reason to keep track of them.

jaden:
I wish them the best- but their narrowed focus unfortunately means I won't have as much of a reason to keep track of them.
-wraith808 (April 15, 2011, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree.  I'll still read it, but I wish they hadn't restricted their topic to browsers.  If we're lucky, the change is in name only and they'll continue writing about the same topics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version