ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Downloadsquad shutting down - Another one bites the dust

<< < (2/8) > >>

jaden:
Downloadsquad (the popular tech blog with an emphasis on software) is closing down, as a consequence of the AOL/Huffington Post merge. Will anyone miss it or I am alone here?
-paulobrabo (April 12, 2011, 01:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're definitely not alone.  I was a daily reader, and noticed there weren't (m)any posts yesterday, then saw their announcement this morning.  I spent a good 30 minutes searching for a site that covered similar topics and am trying out Wired Software and Addictive Tips.

If anyone hears where the authors are headed, please share.

allen:
I, too, followed that blog. Was there any warning this was coming? Caught me quite off guard today. . .

wraith808:
I, too, followed that blog. Was there any warning this was coming? Caught me quite off guard today. . .
-allen (April 12, 2011, 07:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

The Huffington bit was a bit of a giveaway that *something* was going to happen.  But this...?

rgdot:
One of my daily visited sites.

Everything goes down the drain when the AOL name becomes attached to it <-----I don't know if this deserves a  :P or  >:( or  :-\

Renegade:
How can any of you say anything like that~! Shame on you~! They're delivering stock holder value~!

:-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version