topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Flight Simulation... Do You Partake?  (Read 4401 times)

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Flight Simulation... Do You Partake?
« on: April 16, 2011, 03:28 AM »
Any of you coders involved in flight simulation?  If so, your skills might earn you a cool $10,000 (virtual ) per project.  If you want to check it out, go to the FSEconomy website.  Registration is required, but there is no cost for the forum or the "fun!"   

From the FSEconomy forum...

The Board of FSE is always in need of coding support.

The coding languages currently in use are:
Java
Java Server Pages (JSP)
MySQL

Clients:
Visual Studio (C++, C#)

We also need db management skills to help find superior ways to manage the large tables FSE uses and keep site resources low enough so as not to hamper others' enjoyment of FSE.

If you have coding skills and would like to make v$10,000 and up per project, send a PM to Chuck229 with a brief summary of your coding experience including languages used.

If you have ever been interested in virtual aviation, but were afraid to jump in, this could be a great start!  I have been a virtual pilot since 1984 and I wish there had been something like FSEconomy back then!  Since this may be a new subject, I'll be glad to field any Q & A.  I don't know everything, but I have been involved for a quarter of a century.  That ought to count for something, eh?  :mrgreen:

FYI - My handle at the FSE forum is "Bullhide009"

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Flight Simulation... Do You Partake?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 03:04 PM »
gothic, the dc server admin, is a SERIOUS flight sim guy.  i'll pass this to him.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 10:14 AM »
I was part of a massive FS community back in the day (FS2004). 

Mainly I handled Tower Control from KSEA via TeamSpeak but would sometimes help arrange the hop races and also model, create, and paint aircraft for the community.

I have been looking to buy FSX for awhile now but I have never got around to it (Plus I would want my TrackIR and Flight Yoke again  ;))

If FSE have live ATC and are looking for someone who knows the details of the role and has also got RL experience then I think I will be taking a look there :D

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 12:41 PM »
@CT - that is a really amazing site. I've been a FlightSim user since forever. (Really bummed me when hackers crashed avsim.com and all that data got lost.) But I never heard of anything like this. Thanks so much for sharing. I get the feeling my hours in the "air" are about to go up significantly. Again.
 :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 12:46 PM by 40hz »

CodeTRUCKER

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 06:51 PM »
Take a look at this... www.pilotedge.net    It's even better than VATSIM because it is concentrated, IMO.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:42 PM by CodeTRUCKER »

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 07:04 AM »
Take a look at this... www.pilotedge.net    It's even better than VATSIM because it is concentrated, IMO.

Im actually desperate to find somewhere that does live ATC like VatSim seeing as they seem to have become a very confusing community and damn near impossible to figure out how to actually get on the live ATC servers lol