ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snacks

Windows Reorganizer

<< < (2/5) > >>

Contro:
one thread look for a snack, the other one for a made program.
One was created first. And the second after.
I will take a good look in the other. I think this soft don't exist.
I have seen similar soft for organizing multimedia, but very poorful.
 :(

skwire:
Here you go, Contro:  ContrOrganizer

Please test this on copies of your files first to make sure it does what you want.  Some notes:

* Files are moved (not copied).
* A shortcut is created in the original location pointing to the newly-moved file.
* Both the shortcut and the moved file have their creation date set to the creation date of the original file.
* Should handle Unicode paths.
* Files that are marked as hidden or as system files are skipped.
* LNK files are skipped as well.
Windows Reorganizer

Contro:
Nice indeed.
I'll try. But I made this observation :
1. When I work usually don't have time to organized by date, so I organize by themes. A screenshot of my peculiar situation :

Windows Reorganizer

I translate to make understand : received documents, sent documents folders. help folder, components folder, photos, proofs, temp, security copy, final revision, and so on.

For a first organization is more powerful organize by themes usually , but when the work grow or even interacts with one or two more is difficult to control.

In my peculiar case i have other problem. I am plenty of space with seven real hard disk in my pc. I have a dedicated hard drive to photos and videos, another to documents data, and so on.

In this way what I put in the photos folder are shorcuts from the original ones in the images hard disk.

I use the CRM Goldmine to link to real or convenient folders , so if the proposed above soft move the files and convert the original ones in shortcuts I will not able to find my original links.

That's the reason because I need a simply copy or transform or my original files in shortcuts in the date data organization.

The date data organization is a way to "remember" the all project.

I am working in a way to present extensive works in chronos way and linking by themes in a special document for third persons. And then burn into a CD/DVD. So first I am able to convert all of the shortcuts into real with the splendid script Short2Real made in this same forum by 4wd .

I think this soft may be useful to many persons, because offers the opportunity to revise a project or folder organization in other way.

When you present a work to third persons is where the date organization is more relevant.

:P

Contro:
Ouwwww. I forgot to tell that in the dedicated hard drive the photos are organized by the download date to my pc. In the dedicated hard drive O:
I used the format day.month.year, but the way I have seen year . month . day is good for me too.

Windows Reorganizer

Best Regards

Contro:
In other tasks, works or projects the folders are personalized and created in reason to the necessary themes. Are creative works, the folders are different according to the individual task.

Windows Reorganizer

Even the use of some folders created in a date or month date.

So I need to reorganize........

In the screenshot I refer to  task 0340.10 , but imagine if I have to resume several tasks like 0340.10 , 0472.11 , 0502.11 .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version