ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

SpiderOak - very nice people =)

<< < (4/15) > >>

tomos:
^ I had the same problem with Jungle Disk & S3 (account created summer 2008) - unreadable in Cloudberry. Which discovery, combined with a failure of JD -with no warnings- prompted me to start using SFFS to backup directly to S3.
Also I was wary of what the future might be bringing... [edit] (for Jungle Disk/S3) [/edit]

tomos:
The thing I don't like about SpiderOak (the software) is that if you try to restore from a backup (after a format, for example), it will copy everything back to the original directory locations and doesn't give you an option to download the content to a different location.
-Deozaan (April 07, 2011, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I went and restored a whole bunch of settings etc. and it did ask me whether I wanted them in the original location or a folder of my chosing.
-iphigenie (April 09, 2011, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Default is to add it to your Download folder (here it was aimed at My Docs/Downloads, which I've actually never used) but it also allows you to customise the default location. Downloads (restored files) have the correct last-modified-date timestamps.

wraith808:
^ I had the same problem with Jungle Disk & S3 (account created summer 2008) - unreadable in Cloudberry. Which discovery, combined with a failure of JD -with no warnings- prompted me to start using SFFS to backup directly to S3.
Also I was wary of what the future might be bringing... [edit] (for Jungle Disk/S3) [/edit]
-tomos (April 13, 2011, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

What is SFFS?

tomos:
-tomos (April 13, 2011, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

What is SFFS?
-wraith808 (April 15, 2011, 10:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

sorry about that wraith,
it's such a mouthful of a name: super flexible file synchronizer (http://www.superflexible.com/)
There's a few threads about it here on dc.

[edit] it's really a backup &/or a sync programme (the name is a bit misleading). Here's a screenshot of one of my S3 backups being edited: [/edit]

SpiderOak - very nice people =)

wraith808:
Thanks for the clarification- I'd figured it out, and saw that there was a discount still available.  Thinking about picking it up...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version