ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Move dialog boxes to the center of the (correct) monitor

(1/6) > >>

David.P:
... or where the parent application is (make that an option).

This would be great for multi-monitor-systems where dialog boxes for some reason can always pop up on the wrong monitor.

DialogMove does a good job in this sense, already (see discussion here) -- however DialogMove can't be restricted in order to not additionaly move all dialogs under the mouse pointer (because the latter actually is what it is SUPPOSED to do).

Therefore it would be great to have a little tool that could move dialogs similar as DialogMove does, but ONLY when dialogs pop up on the wrong monitor (or when they come up on the correct monitor, but not centered).

Recapitulating: The IDEA is, popups and dialogs should only be moved (to the center of the monitor where the mouse pointer is OR where the parent application is, possibly make that an option) when they are either a) on the wrong monitor or b) on the correct monitor, but not centered (on the monitor).

Thanks HEAPS already,
Cheers David.P

jgpaiva:
Just to clarify, by "centered" you mean at the middle of the screen, not "centered" on the mouse like DialogMove does, right?

David.P:
Exactly jgpaiva (have edited my top post respectively in order to clarifiy).

Regards David

jgpaiva:
I have just modified DialogMove's code to do what you asked.
I'm not 100% sure this will work, as I can't test it right now since I don't have a Windows machine with 2 screens.
You will need to install autohotkey to run it.

At least this can be a good starting point for anyone who might want to pick this up.

David.P:
Great, jgpaiva -- thank you very much!

So far, the modified version seems to work almost perfect.

There's only one "phenomenon": If the mouse pointer already is in the very area where a window WILL popup, then that window will not get centered (this happens on the same monitor, therefore should be present with single monitor systems also).

Only if the mouse pointer is moved outside this area (which the popup/dialog will be covering afterwards) BEFORE the window actually comes up, then the window will get centered.

Isn't that a little strange...?  :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version