ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

waiting for a better reason to update

<< < (2/3) > >>

delwoode:
ok thanks for that info I didnt realize most were not really installed.
I guess the 2 main reasons why I havent upgraded, even though I am a paying user. Is
1)  I dont want to mess with something that is working and my current version uses so little memory in the background, less than 1mb! I would be worried that a newer version with maybe more inbuilt features would use a lot more ram.

2)  I havent seen anything added lately that made me feel, I really wanted to upgrade.

phitsc:
I guess that's fair enough. If you're happy with your installation and don't want to make use of any of the newer plugins there's no need to worry. Any suggestion for a feature that would make you update?

mouser:
The version history is here:
https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/help/version_history.htm

If you are using a version from 2007.. there was a LOT added since then and a lot improved.

delwoode:
hmm ok you got me curious. I looked at the latest plugins and thought the CZ pack looked interseting especially the timer plugin.
so I downloaded the latest FARR (2.98.1.0) from the home page. As I expected it does use more memory. I adjusted the settings to the same that I had for my older version.
old ver. on startup  2.512 mb
new ver                 4.264 mb
after doing the same search
old ver                7mb
new ver             10.4mb
after the search is finished and the prog is again in the background
old ver goes down to only  744kb !
new ver goes down to       1.766 (one mb 766kb)
-------------------------
now I then installed the CZ pack to try with the new version
I set a timer  but when the time was up and it tried to display the alarm it crashed FARR
so far it was the only new plugin that i thought i would need a newer version of FARR to try and it doesnt work.

phitsc:
My current session of Firefox 4 is using well over 250 MB, in the background or not. I still prefer it over a 3 year old version. I'm glad the times when I cared about a few megabytes are over.

Your experience with the timer plugin is very unfortunate though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version