ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Never again will I purchase that shampoo! (or will I?)

<< < (7/7)

Curt:
@Cloq - I understand very well your frustrations with their normal email overload. However, if you follow the apparently secret but official procedure, you will not be spammed or even emailed at all. I know.

oblivion:
@Cloq - I understand very well your frustrations with their normal email overload. However, if you follow the apparently secret but official procedure, you will not be spammed or even emailed at all. I know.
-Curt (April 01, 2011, 05:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ashampoo... if ever there was a company to be ambivalent about, it's them.

I use (bought and paid for) the current Burning Studio, mostly because it's got inbuilt support for Lightscribe "printing". Pretty much everything else I ever do, I can do with something else -- Mediamonkey for burning audio CDs from MP3s, or ImgBurn for, well, everything else.  ;)

I've tried and pretty much rejected the use of all the Ashampoo tweakers and cleaners. I've got licences for most of the older versions, mostly picked up free one way or another, Ashampoo Office isn't a patch on OpenOffice (mostly because it's got no database app but why pay money when Ooo is free AND better?) Their screencapture program's functional but FAR too busy, overcomplicated, and mouser's kicks it into the long grass anyway...

I keep reading the email because there's always the possibility they might one day do something REALLY good, but I agree: they're all right ish but (a) never EVER pay what they claim the asking price is, and look for alternatives first!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version