ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Launching win7 start menu items

(1/5) > >>

skajfes:
FARR doesn't seem to be able to launch some of windows7 start menu items (ie Snipping Tool). When I launch it nothing happens.
Items like installed applications work fine.

It seems to me that the problem is that the shortcut target is %windir%\system32\SnippingTool.exe. I think that the %windir% in the path is confusing FARR.

I tried using ShellExecuteEx as Launch method but then I got this error: Windows cannot find 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Snipping Tool.lnk'

Any ideas?

mouser:
I think i can fix that.. i did a similar fix for %programfiles% shortcuts.

One thing you could try as a workaround in the meantime is go to the "General" options tab in FARR, and try changing the checkbox for "Always launch shortcuts directly" and "Use document launch helper" and the Launch Method drop down.  See if any of those help.

skajfes:
One thing you could try as a workaround in the meantime is go to the "General" options tab in FARR, and try changing the checkbox for "Always launch shortcuts directly" and "Use document launch helper" and the Launch Method drop down.  See if any of those help.
-mouser (April 05, 2011, 02:32 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the quick response.
I tried every combination of those options, and none helps.

mouser:
question, the error says
Windows cannot find 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Accessories\Snipping Tool.lnk'

Can you tell me what the actual location is for that shortcut, assuming that's not it.

skajfes:
That is the correct location of the shortcut.
I just wanted to note that it works fine when I launch it from the start menu, or from the run dialog.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version