ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DLS: Mozilla publishes name and shame list of slow Firefox add-ons

<< < (2/6) > >>

app103:
I have found it best to use different profiles for different purposes. You don't need Firebug or other web development related add-ons for normal surfing, so putting them in their own profile can go far to speeding up your profile used for normal surfing.

I currently have 7 that are on the list installed into my regular profile. I would have had more but I got rid of them awhile back to speed things up. Will I remove any of those 7? No, not likely.

housetier:
I take the same approach as app103. Sometimes I install but disable extensions for later use.

wraith808:
I take the same approach as app103. Sometimes I install but disable extensions for later use.
-housetier (April 04, 2011, 02:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I just wish that FF approached extensions in the same way as chrome in regards to restarting the browser.  I would use disable more for extensions that I don't use that much, but I hate restarting the browser to do so.

Tuxman:
Hah, so glad that my extension isn't listed there.

However, it takes no wonder that deeply inspecting add-ons like Firebug cause slowness, right=

Curt:
excellent find!
-but isn't the list from ff3?

Mine:

#07 (33%) Video DownloadHelper,
#18 (16%) Flagfox,
#26 (14%) Download Statusbar, and
#42 (05%) Stylish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page