ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

DLS: Mozilla publishes name and shame list of slow Firefox add-ons

<< < (3/6) > >>

wraith808:
Mine:
#04 (50%) Flashgot (*)
#09 (30%) Xmarks
#12 (21%) Adblock Plus
#17 (17%) Personas Rotator (*)
#19 (16%) All-in-One Sidebar
#26 (14%) Download Statusbar
#43 (04%) Read It later

This actually informed me of a cool extension (integrated gmail) though I probably won't install it. :)

As far as whether I'll get rid of any of them, looking at cost versus usefulness, the ones with the (*) beside them are in danger of being removed, I think.  The other ones, I'm willing to take the hit for.

Gothi[c]:
Might be worth noting that they only benchmarked ff startup/shutdown time, not the actual impact on page rendering!

f0dder:
Might be worth noting that they only benchmarked ff startup/shutdown time, not the actual impact on page rendering!-Gothi[c] (April 05, 2011, 07:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Most plugins really shouldn't affect page rendering, and start/shutdown speed is what firefox is notoriously slow at? Makes perfect sense to me :)

Deozaan:
Ironic that FastestFox is on that list.

lanux128:
Ironic that FastestFox is on that list.-Deozaan (April 05, 2011, 07:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

FastestFox tweaks an internal setting called 'network pipelining' which has been discussed here before. since these settings are at best experimental in nature the probability of breaking something is higher.

also to be noted is that FastestFox has a serious bug where it fails to restore the original (default) settings when it is removed, hence the users is stuck with a buggy profile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version