ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please kill me now - just bought an iPad off of eBay

<< < (15/19) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Hmm. I think I can feel the presence of the Dark Lord of the I's (as in "I"pod/player/phone/tunes) slowly corrupting my soul.-nudone (April 06, 2011, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---
FTFY

Beware the Dark Side - Use the force Luke!

I've got a Dell Inspiron Duo (Netbook/Tablet Convertible) here for one of our users. It's actually quite nice from working with it so far.

wraith808:
+1 for ReadItLater... I have it too :)

heheh, ooh, that old slate board and chalk would be an even better case to have than the Etch A Sketch one.

I must say, I'm really liking the speed of flicking through content (that's cached). I can see how this would be a pretty good "productive" tool when you're demonstrating things to people at close hand.

Hmm. I think I can feel the presence of the Lord of the I's (as in "I"pod/player/phone/tunes) slowly corrupting my soul.
-nudone (April 06, 2011, 01:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

For further corrupting influences...

General Purpose
DropBox, 1Password, Quickoffice, GoodReader, Evernote, iAnnotate PDF, Wunderlist, Save2PDF, XMarks, ICabMobile, Desktop, Amazon Windowshop, 2XClient, Reeder, Penultimate, Noterize

Hobbies/Entertainment
Netflix, Pandora, Classical Guitar, Rebirth, Adobe Ideas

Games
Carcassone, Infinity Blade, LOTR:Defense, Brothers in Arms 2, Splintercell, BoardBox, NY Times Crosswords, Kingdoms, High Society, Money, Samurai, Build-A-Lot 2

I've got a Dell Inspiron Duo (Netbook/Tablet Convertible) here for one of our users. It's actually quite nice from working with it so far.
-Stoic Joker (April 06, 2011, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd heard it was pretty lackluster.  And the android 1.6 was the sticking point for me.  How is the weight in tablet mode?  And how is the responsiveness?

cranioscopical:
but the use of gestures seems more intuitive for them than using a mouse/pad.

-nudone (April 06, 2011, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hate to be the one who breaks this to you, but their shaking their fists at it doesn't mean progress.

Also, I think you should begin a new topic and take us all on a guided tour of your toy box. You probably have better stuff in your reject pile than I can afford to buy new.

Stoic Joker:
-Stoic Joker (April 06, 2011, 01:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd heard it was pretty lackluster.-wraith808 (April 06, 2011, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me too, although it was mainly a the screen isn't as cutting edge breath taking as it could have (thoretically) been issue iirc. But after playing with it for a bit, it's really quite good. It is a bit dim on battery - to conserve said battery - but as I understand it, it will learn your behavior and dim the screen less often with use.

And the android 1.6 was the sticking point for me.-wraith808 (April 06, 2011, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not much of a "consumer"...So I like having an "full" OS to play with. My favorite toy is the command line.  *Shrug* :)

How is the weight in tablet mode?-wraith808 (April 06, 2011, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Shit, were you under the impression it (came apart) made a difference too?!? ...I almost broke the friggin thing. It's heavy.

And how is the responsiveness?-wraith808 (April 06, 2011, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

It go zoom. I just installed Office 2010 std on it; install only took a few minutes ... and word etc pops right open in seconds (1 or 2-ish)

Being that I don't have a ton of experiance with touch screens (most piss me off) I'd say it's quite good. I managed to do the entire OOBE & setup via the touch screen without swearing.

wraith808:
And the android 1.6 was the sticking point for me.-wraith808 (April 06, 2011, 01:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not much of a "consumer"...So I like having an "full" OS to play with. My favorite toy is the command line.  *Shrug* :)
-Stoic Joker (April 06, 2011, 02:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oops.  I'd thought that this one had the whole win7/android thing going too.  There's one tablet device that has both win7 and android on it- android for quick boot/longer battery life, and win7 for power. (ViewSonic ViewPad 10).  I was mixing my devices! LOL

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version