ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please kill me now - just bought an iPad off of eBay

<< < (11/19) > >>

40hz:
Every time someone buys a Fruit Pad Cthulhu eats a kitten.

:(
-Stoic Joker (April 04, 2011, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

And another Shoggoth springs into existence in our dimension.

(If we don't knock it off, we're gonna be up to our asses in Shoggoths pretty soon...) :-\

@Stoic:

Eated Kittehs?

8)

Stoic Joker:
Every time someone buys a Fruit Pad Cthulhu eats a kitten.

:(
-Stoic Joker (April 04, 2011, 05:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

And another Shoggoth springs into existence in our dimension.

(If we don't knock it off, we're gonna be up to our asses in Shoggoths pretty soon...) :-\-40hz (April 05, 2011, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just wear a black trash bag, and keep chanting Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li! ... Se we can blend in when they take over... ;)

cranioscopical:
i've just pulled the muscles in my back by reaching to plug the iPad into the mains power.
-nudone (April 05, 2011, 05:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

There you go! Proof positive that all of its detractors are wrong; they all say that it's a pain in the arse.

40hz:
Just wear a black trash bag, and keep chanting Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li! ... Se we can blend in when they take over...
-Stoic Joker (April 05, 2011, 12:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah yes! Tekeli-li...The Chant of the Elder Penguins - creators of Linux!

(Have to get a white apron to complete the ensemble however...)

;D

Little Cthullu. Not dead. Not dreaming. Just sleepy!

nudone:
I'm sorry to say, that I am completely underwhelmed by the iPad experience so far.

The only really satisfying thing about it is that it makes me feel absolutely justified in despising all things Apple.

I was originally going to say "let's be honest, it's a bit rubbish, isn't it", as I thought it had a few good points. Now I'm just sick of all the flaws and the iTunes and iPhone nonsense - I say "iPhone" as that is all it is, but in a bigger box.

Navigation is crap, Safari is crap, iTunes is crap, the "intelligent" keyboard is crap, it's all crap. I know it's all crap because a team of designers, developers and engineers at Apple spent a long time on this device, but eventually made a machine that has so many flaws it resembles a first time project that a 16 year old design student would create - something their Lecturer would quickly browse over and then highlight all the fundamental flaws on its first use. Honestly, how can such a machine come to market that contradicts all the expectations of what a tablet should do.

Is "Apple" a religion or cult? Definitely. There is no other way people would be so determined to excuse all of Apple's terrible design and user experience if it weren't all down to "faith". Reason and first hand experience are overruled in the desire to believe in the Apple Gospels; for the belief in the divine truth of Steve Jobs, is the route to digital everlasting smugness.

(I won't bother listing all the things wrong with the iPad, you'll either know them already from first hand experience, or there'll be hundreds of blogs that say it all already.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version