ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please kill me now - just bought an iPad off of eBay

<< < (7/19) > >>

f0dder:
In the meantime I'll just put the iPad in a brown paper bag when I'm using it so that no one sees me. If anyone asks what I'm doing I'll just say I'm stroking a deceased rat or something.-nudone (April 04, 2011, 02:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
* f0dder pats nudone on the back.
As long as you don't drink latté while using the iPad, I don't think people will mistake you for an apple devotee - so don't worry too much about it :)

Carol Haynes:
In the meantime I'll just put the iPad in a brown paper bag when I'm using it so that no one sees me. If anyone asks what I'm doing I'll just say I'm stroking a deceased rat or something.
-nudone (April 04, 2011, 02:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Why not go one stage further ... spray the case black and put a Linux sticker over the Apple - then everyone will think you are cool!

Seriously - the comparison between Apple and its products and the explosion in coffee based drinks is very good. Call something latte and you can charge 3 times the price for it as a coffee with milk ... call someting an iThing and ...

You only have to look at other brands such as the BBC in the UK who think it is cool to have iPlayer ... I'm amazed Apple haven't sued them yet.

nudone:
I thought Apple had tried to stop the BBC using iPlayer - I could have just imagined it though.

I've already thought about putting stickers over the Apple branding, Carol. Using Linux would only make me look cool in places I don't frequent. The only people that will see me using the iPad will assume I'm playing with an Etch A Sketch, such is their amazing grasp of technology.

app103:
The only people that will see me using the iPad will assume I'm playing with an Etch A Sketch, such is their amazing grasp of technology.
-nudone (April 04, 2011, 04:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

They make iPad cases like that.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/09/etch-a-sketch-ipad-case/

Carol Haynes:
I love it - now I'll have to get an iPad - just to turn it into an Etch-a-Sketch.

Now all we need is someone to get the dials to work the way they did on the e-a-s  :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version