ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please kill me now - just bought an iPad off of eBay

<< < (4/19) > >>

nudone:
Oh ye of little faith. It will be in "immaculate condition" just as described. I know it will. And the $2000 I wired as security to ensure a speedy delivery will definitely be returned to me like the seller agreed. I wasn't sure about sending him my PayPal account login and password but it seemed perfectly reasonable when he explained it would increase my "trust" rating on eBay. It's nice to know there are some good, honest, people out there.

Serious mode: it cost £288 (including 10 quid packaging) and the item is about four months old and in "immaculate condition".

I was watching other iPads being sold on eBay over the past few days and it seemed they were going for £380 so I don't think I've done too bad.

(I've seen that Argos, and maybe other UK outlets, are selling iPads (v1) for around £320 or £330 - but the whole country appears to be out of stock with no chance of that changing soon.)

wraith808:
Oh ye of little faith. It will be in "immaculate condition" just as described. I know it will. And the $2000 I wired as security to ensure a speedy delivery will definitely be returned to me like the seller agreed. I wasn't sure about sending him my PayPal account login and password but it seemed perfectly reasonable when he explained it would increase my "trust" rating on eBay. It's nice to know there are some good, honest, people out there.

Serious mode: it cost £288 (including 10 quid packaging) and the item is about four months old and in "immaculate condition".

I was watching other iPads being sold on eBay over the past few days and it seemed they were going for £380 so I don't think I've done too bad.

(I've seen that Argos, and maybe other UK outlets, are selling iPads (v1) for around £320 or £330 - but the whole country appears to be out of stock with no chance of that changing soon.)
-nudone (April 03, 2011, 05:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Can you buy from the Apple store?  Refurbs are USD 349 on there, which is the reason that I've really been astonished how much people are getting on eBay...

nudone:
I had no idea that they had a refurbs section, though, I've just checked it and it's completely empty, i.e. no UK refurbished Apple products at all.

It seems that iPads are the price they are on eBay as they are probably the quickest way of obtaining one at the moment.

Carol Haynes:
And of course once you have an idea it has to be done yesterday  ;)

Why not wait 6 months? There will be at least three more generations to choose from by then and iPad version 1  will be down to 50p as the white box brigade scrabble and queue for version 5. Version 5 will come in an even whiter box that is so minimal you have to send it back to Apple to open it for you (only $99 for service plus packaging and VAT). It will have a prettier picture of an Apple on the back with an audible subliminal message to send all your money to Jobo. One of the newest features will be that it doesn't work at all unless you hold it 143 cm from the ground and titled to 27.3 degrees to the horizontal - unless you fit an expensive gel jacket to it - but then you can't touch the screen, a new security feature).

Deozaan:
That's really funny, Carol. ;D :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version