ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Please kill me now - just bought an iPad off of eBay

<< < (6/19) > >>

Renegade:
(see attachment in previous post)Nudone's new avatar?
Sorry guys, I understand the need to program for as many platforms as possible to maximize your skills and make a living. But I can't share the Apple love. I don't like the company, what it represents through strict control, lawsuits, and proprietary everything; how it does business, how it treats its employees as suspects, or how their gadgets are made.
http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/10/08/foxconn.study.leak.shows.major.internal.violence/

Still, we love you Nudone. Just don't be surprised if 30 of us show up in your kitchen for an intervention!  ;D

-zridling (April 03, 2011, 11:44 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~!

You'd think that Apple would give developer hardware for free to ease the pain of the humiliation~! :D

f0dder:
Don't fight it buddy!  It's a beautiful device.  We don't have to be so black and white with this stuff.-superboyac (April 03, 2011, 09:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
With Apple, isn't it Whites Only?

In seriousness, the iPad is a pretty nice device to use - it feels very well, even if it's slightly on the heavy side for use as, say, an eBook reader. If it wasn't for the ridiculous pricetag and the apple lock-in (oh, and for the 3G version which I'd definitely like, cell provider lock-in as well), I would probably have gotten one.

I've got a fair amount of eBooks, and a fair amount of situations where I don't need a fully-fledged laptop but could do with a tablet. I've considered an eBook reader, especially since eInk is nicer on the eyes... but they're so limited in what they can do, and eInk updating is slow, which would be a limitation if you need to flip back&forth or do a lot of searching.

But the pricetag... and it's not like the competition is much better. I can get a freaking full laptop for what an Ipad costs in .dk!

Renegade:
Don't fight it buddy!  It's a beautiful device.  We don't have to be so black and white with this stuff.-superboyac (April 03, 2011, 09:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
With Apple, isn't it Whites Only?
-f0dder (April 04, 2011, 01:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, for the iPhone 4 it was black only because producing a white iPhone was just so much more complex~! :P

nudone:
I like how this thread has provided an outlet for more Apple hatred (that was worth me paying the price tag alone) - and a few justifications for the iPad itself.

Three days ago I had no intention of ever buying an iPad (which is one reason I've not bought an iPad 2). I've still no personal desire to use it myself - I just have a client that is complaining that their website doesn't look right on their own iPad, which means I now need to find out why - it's not a simple Safari issue as the site looks fine on non mobile Apple devices (another reason for me to hate Apple so much - their "perfectly designed and beautiful" devices don't actually display websites consistently).

That said, I will try it as an ebook reader, maybe a quick browser and email checker. The ergonomics of the device lead me to think that I won't use it much - so, I'll still by using my netbook when typing is involved.

If I do find that the iPad is genuinely useful - I'll buy an Android based tablet to replace it with when there is something decent to get.

In the meantime I'll just put the iPad in a brown paper bag when I'm using it so that no one sees me. If anyone asks what I'm doing I'll just say I'm stroking a deceased rat or something.

JavaJones:
In the meantime I'll just put the iPad in a brown paper bag when I'm using it so that no one sees me. If anyone asks what I'm doing I'll just say I'm stroking a deceased rat or something.
-nudone (April 04, 2011, 02:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

;D Priceless.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version