topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:56 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: slimware: fit, or just rather thin?  (Read 3762 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
slimware: fit, or just rather thin?
« on: March 31, 2011, 03:42 AM »
Didn't know about this company:

SlimWare Utilities is a new, U.S.-based software company founded on the premise that cloud computing and crowd-sourced applications will revolutionize the performance of personal computers. Specifically, we provide consumers with downloadable software and services that clean, repair, update and optimize personal computers.

ic_cloud.jpg
-SlimWare

1 (2) shareware, and 3 freeware programs. First, the freebies:

SlimComputer FREE
Slim Down Your New Computer:
( http://majorgeeks.co...mComputer_d6626.html )

New computers come pre-loaded with promotional software, ad links, toolbars and trial offers. SlimComputer uses crowd-sourced feedback to make optimization recommendations for your computer. It removes unneeded programs, start-up entries and services and slims down your new machine to make it run fast and clean like it's supposed to.

box_slimcomputer_b.jpg
SlimCleaner FREE - Beta
The Community-Powered Cleaner:

SlimCleaner is the world's first software that lets you clean and optimize Windows systems using a crowd-sourced approach. SlimCleaner uses aggregated-cloud feedback to recommend optimal settings for programs, start-ups and services.

box_slimcleaner_b.jpg
SlimDrivers FREE
Automated Driver Updates:

SlimDrivers uses crowd-sourcing to spider and aggregate millions of devices. Using our cloud-based system, SlimDrivers not only detects when a driver needs updating, but also identifies the proper executable for your system and initiates the driver install automatically.

- Note: Individual Driver updates are free. The $30 Plus version called DriverUpdate allows for "Download All" and advanced automation functionality. Read more at http://www.driverupdate.net/

box_driver_b.jpg2011-03-31_123935.gif

and the (other) shareware:

FixCleaner $ 34.94
PC Maintenance with One-Click

FixCleaner is a multi-use application for universal PC maintenance. It combines dozens of tools that work together to make a computer run faster, protect data, remove unwanted files and more! Its one-click interface lets you maintain and optimize your whole system in a way that is easier than you ever thought possible.

$35_fixcleaner2.jpg

http://www.slimwareu...ies.com/products.php

I haven't tested any of it, so I have no idea whether slim is fit or just rather thin.
 :tellme:

-----------------
AfterEdit:
An interesting snippet from their FAQs:

2011-03-31_101939.gif
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:44 AM by Curt »

sajman99

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: slimware: fit, or just rather thin?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:05 PM »
These SlimWare Utilities are some nice looking apps. It will be interesting to see if they become popular.

I took a look at the freeware SlimCleaner. Currently in beta stage I don't see anything which I need (in addition to CCleaner, AutoRuns, System Explorer etc.) I mean, nothing unique really stands out.

But the GUI is attractive and the community concept is interesting. So the potential is there. Thanks for telling. :)