ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Make all Dialog Boxes and Browser Popups come up where the Cursor is

<< < (2/4) > >>

nudone:
it's the one of the greatest tools ever (not that i'm biased). microsoft really should just include the dialogmove functions as native parts of the operating system - but with a few more intelligent features that are beyond an autohotkey script.

i would be driven insane without being able to use dialogmove on my main pc.

one caveat: i think dialogmove does require a bit of tweaking to get it just right - and you need to tell it which program dialogs to ignore or always move, if you want to get the best from it (which may help with the problem that Curt mentioned).

jgpaiva:
* jgpaiva likes this thread :D *

AndyM:
Probably a bit of an exaggeration to say I couldn't live without DialogMove, but I would find it most aggravating.

What nudone said, re a bit of tweaking.  I have several dozen dialogs listed as "always move" or "never move", but I also found the two settings for dialog box sizes very handy.  At the moment I can't remember why one is set almost square (anything less than 410 x 451) and one long and skinny (anything less than 1280 x 160), but I remember at the time that this fixed all the quirks in my setup.

One hallmark of a stable program is that once set up you seldom have to think about it anymore.  WAY TO GO JGPAIVA!!!!!  :up: :up: :up:  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

iphigenie:
I'm going to go down memory lane here... On windows 3.1 (!) we bought the shareware "squeaky mouse" - it did several things that are now taken for granted

- had a cute dancing mouse icon (ok, that is not nowadays taken for granted but if you wanted one there are many ways. PS:"the squeaky mouse dance" is still a family staple)
- move cursor to buttons and popups (not as friendly as moving the dialog to the cursor, I'll admit)
- fast scroll
- recycling bin (was "cheek pouch")
- jump by letter in selection lists and menus

I still have the executable here and must have the reg code somewhere, but I am afraid it doesnt fully work - on XP it only shows on the taskbar, makes noise, and works with any old apps one might run - for example it will move the cursor between the task bar and its option windows. Which is kind of an amazing sign of backwards compatibility... It does still squeak and now and then you catch a glimpse of a mouse running...

Requirement:
   Hardware:
       80386 or higher machine
       4MB or more RAM memory
       At least 300KB of free hard disk space
   Software:
       MS-Windows3.1 or higher
       or Windows for Workgroup 3.1 or higher

--- End quote ---

Anyone ever use that?

David.P:
Great program, thanks once more to jgpaiva!

What I'm wondering, is there a way to adjust DialogMove such that dialogs are only moved to the center of the monitor where the mouse is? In other words, dialogs that ARE already centered on the correct monitor (where the mouse pointer is) should not be touched.

Is that possible?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version