ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

2011 Fundraiser Giveaway Extravaganza - WINNERS POSTED

(1/20) > >>

mouser:
To celebrate our 6th Anniversary Fundraiser, we are having a giveaway extravaganza, with lots of different things being given away, including software, hardware, programming time, custom cody stuff, and a few random surprises.

WINNERS POSTED
Some of the things on offer:

* Coding Hours on Your Project Idea (10-20 hours); C++,Python,PHP,AHK,etc.; Multiple blocks to give away
* Optimus Maximum Keyboard (lightly used)
* DonationCoder Mug
* Custom Head In Clouds Cartoon
* DonationCoder CodyCards Card Game
* Signed Cody Sketch
* Board Game Lot (used)
* Actual Window Manager
* Aignes WebSite-Watcher
* Beyond Compare Professional
* Boxer Text Editor
* Chameleon Task Manager
* Conceptworld Copywhiz
* Conceptworld Notezilla
* Conceptworld RecentX
* InfoQube v1 Personal License (includes non-expiring beta key to use until release)
* Linkman Professional
* mIRC
* MyLifeOrganized Pro and 1 mobile edition of your choice
* Surfulater
* Random Steam Games
* Genie Timeline Professional
* Other Surprise Mystery gifts

Winners of 'Coding Hours on Your Project Idea' (3):

* cranioscopical
* ghacks
* one other winner to be determinedWinners of 'Optimus Maximum Keyboard (lightly used)':

* CurtWinners of 'DonationCoder Mug' (5):

* bscott
* moonwatcher
* simakuutio
* skip43
* The_DoomerWinners of 'Custom Head In Clouds Cartoon' (1):

* kwacky1Winners of 'DonationCoder CodyCards Card Game' (1):

* JoToWinners of 'Signed Cody Sketch' (1):

* 40hzWinners of 'Board Game Lot (used)' (2):

* alivingspirit
* consumer4betaWinners of 'Surprise gift' (2):

* AzureToad
* DochappyWinners of 'Actual Window Manager' (5):

* BoDuke
* Chindi
* HankFriedman
* ijunk
* Who?Winners of 'Aignes WebSite-Watcher' (5):

* cacoder
* Filipe Meira Castro
* mdl
* wnitzan
* f0dderWinners of 'Beyond Compare Professional' (5):

* fenixproductions
* lls
* pencoe
* steven729
* worstjeWinners of 'Boxer Text Editor' (5):

* cjseymour
* hawleyj
* NigelH
* oblivion
* WinkieWinners of 'Chameleon Task Manager' (5):

* Fosdick
* Isaac Patch
* ouow
* Sanddevil
* springroWinners of 'Conceptworld Copywhiz' (5):

* bob99
* chaswill
* dmholmes
* katyggls
* shelly3Winners of 'Conceptworld Notezilla' (5):

* Floppy
* Sarkand
* seekerpat
* Sputnik55
* wideeyedguyWinners of 'Conceptworld RecentX' (5):

* DarkStar57
* DerekHal
* DeVamp
* epopuI
* mistyWinners of 'InfoQube v1 Personal License (includes non-expiring beta key to use until release)' (5):

* jeromg
* mandojean
* Nelson Carvalho
* rgdot
* sciagentWinners of 'Linkman Professional' (10):

* CWuestefeld
* gally
* Hans van Hove
* honeybunkle
* peteg05
* Rambo54
* tbelleman
* TKR
* VampireRat
* AnasaziStarTravelerWinners of 'mIRC' (5):

* frankve
* hamradio
* rob0t
* TheQwerty
* lanux128Winners of 'MyLifeOrganized Pro and 1 mobile edition of your choice' (5):

* CWS2010
* jeme
* mfwiniberg
* Outertech Support
* tspillingWinners of 'Surfulater' (5):

* Chisaku
* Loonier
* Mikeinnc
* PhilB66
* raindew01Winners of 'Some Random Steam Games' (1):

* JoshWinners of 'Genie Timeline Professional' (5):

* bhuiraj
* DCDope
* kanomie
* nutzIbe
* evgeni
All winners are now being notified by email to their forum email address.  If you haven't received an email but your name is listed above, check spam filters and forum email address, and then mail [email protected] and let us know you never got any mail.  It can take a few days for companies to send you your serial number; if a few days pass and you haven't received it - send a reminder to the company email as noted in your winning notification email, or to us by replying to the email you received or to us directly.

Note: We give away things a little unusually here on DC -- we ask that people rate the items in terms of how much they want each one, and then use an optimization tool to try to assign them to maximize happiness.  For this drawing we are also going to be a little bit manually selective for certain prizes such as the $1000+ Optimus Maximum keyboard and the Coding Hours prizes, to try to put them in the hands of people who have the best use for them -- so do fill out the comments area if you are interested in winning these.

A huge thanks to those people and companies who donated stuff for us to give away and volunteered their time.  A special thanks to DC member cthorpe for rounding up so many of these!

Congratulations to everyone who won! (remember those who didnt will have a better chance of winning in the next giveaway).

mouser:
We can discuss some of the more unusual items on this thread if people have any questions.

One thing to mention is the Optimus Maximus keyboard is an amazing thing -- but it's probably not well suited for an everyday keyboard -- so i think we should probably try to put it in someone's hands that has a special use for it.  also i'm told that one of the customizable keys (the PrtScr key) may not light up.

The coding hours prizes -- im volunteering some time and so is skwire; if other people are willing to volunteer time as well we will pick more winners.  We will choose ideas that are within our areas of expertise and that we think we can make a useful contribution to.  The code will be for the winner to do with as they please -- though we may give precedence to people who plan to share it freely.

housetier:
The mugs are very good. I happen to own a few ultra-rare superlimited items of the "c-base special edition".

If you are in Berlin, Germany, and willing to show some appreciation for both Donationcoder and c-base, I think we could arrange for a transfer of one of these high-value collector's items :D

The mugs are also very large, which is perfect for heavy tea drinkers (guzzlers) like me; will work for coffee as well.

mouser:
Ok looks like it's about time to run the giveaway drawing.. any stragglers better get their entries in now!

mouser:
Ok i'm about to post the winners.

I actually had to revamp and improve my prize optimizer for this giveaway since there were so many entries and some weird conditions about some things being hard to ship to some places, etc.  I challenge you to find any other site that works so hard to give the right prizes to the right people to maximize happiness :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version