ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)

<< < (24/32) > >>

Deozaan:
I found another bug:

If I click Load directory for md5 checksums, then click Load Directory for files to check, it will add an extra \ to the path if I load from the root of a drive, and will therefore consider the file to be "new" instead of matching it to previously saved checksums.

And now that the GUI is disabled while verifications are in progress, this includes the scrollbar, which means if you are scrolled down (or up?) then you can't see the results of scans as they're happening, other than the status bar at the bottom of the application. It would be nice if the application would keep the most recent results on screen by scrolling the list automatically as checksums are verified.

skwire:
Thanks for both of your last two posts.   :Thmbsup:  I'm currently working on some improvements to ClipTrap but SFV Ninja is next on my agenda.

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.2.6 - 2014-12-19
    + Added an option to automatically scroll the list so the current file being
      verified stays visible in the list.  This option can be found in the
      Options menu.
    * When a checksum file is saved, any current checksums will be copied over
      to the saved checksum column.  (Thanks, Deozaan)
    ! Duplicate slashes when a drive root was added.  (Thanks, Deozaan)

Deozaan:
Sweet! Thanks!

xviruz:
I have a few feature requests... Apologies if they've already been asked for.

1. Do not remember "full screen" as the last used resolution. It's a bit annoying when the program starts up un-maximized but still takes up the entire screen.

2. Faster skips for files with saved checksums. It takes over 10 mins to go through 10k or so files that already have saved checksums when using "verify new files only" (Win 7 x64, Core i5, 8GB RAM, 7200RPM Seagate drive). I'm not sure why that is---if this is all in memory, it should very fast. If GUI is the issue, update it less frequently?

If this is not possible, then it'd be nice to enable saving an SFV without reverifying or skipping files that already have saved checksums. That is, the SFV is generated using "checksum" where possible and "saved checksum" otherwise, throwing a warning only when neither "checksum" nor "saved checksum" exist. So for example, if I load an SFV, I can immediately save it with no warnings. (Right now, it warns when "checksum" fields are empty, even when "saved checksum" is present.)

My use case is CRC'ing an entire drive and occasionally appending/adding CRCs of new files by first loading an existing SFV and drag-n-dropping the drive (or its folders). Ideally, files already with checksums can be skipped very quickly. If not, I'd (want to) sort by saved checksum, calculate it for the new files, sort by filepath, and save a new SFV without reverifying/skipping the existing ones.

3. Allow the comment to display "This file has been modified" when a file's modified timestamp is later than the SFV's creation timestamp. If the timestamp metadata is pulled together with file size when scanning files, there should be no performance penalty. Though, I'd understand if you think this bloats the program in a negative way.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version