ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)

<< < (17/32) > >>

f0dder:
My archiving "strategy" requires separate checksum files for each top level folder though, so when creating the files in the first place it's easier to just run up a separate instance per folder :)-stefanobrunesci (September 10, 2012, 05:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hm, seems like a bad idea to run multiple instances at one time, at least for long-running jobs. You'll see much decreased throughput (way worse than linear degradation), and all the back-and-forth action is going to be stressful on your harddrive heads.

stefanobrunesci:
Hm, seems like a bad idea to run multiple instances at one time, at least for long-running jobs. You'll see much decreased throughput (way worse than linear degradation), and all the back-and-forth action is going to be stressful on your harddrive heads.

-f0dder (September 10, 2012, 07:51 AM)
--- End quote ---
If I run 3 instances against folders on 3 separate physical drives it's definitely quicker than running them one after another, and I can go to bed and forget about it ;)

As for the wear on my drives - I figure that's why we have so many backups in the first place! :D

skwire:
3 separate physical drives-stefanobrunesci (September 11, 2012, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, that's the key.  I (and f0dder, I bet) thought you were working with one physical drive.  =]

f0dder:
3 separate physical drives-stefanobrunesci (September 11, 2012, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, that's the key.  I (and f0dder, I bet) thought you were working with one physical drive.  =]
-skwire (September 11, 2012, 08:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
Indeed :)

skwire:
Website | Download
v1.1.4 - 2012-09-22
    * No longer writes the Unicode BOM to checksum files.

@Cornucopiae: This version should allow you to use the Unicode version and still generate checksum files that are compatible with non-Unicode apps like QuickSFV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version