ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)

<< < (9/32) > >>

skwire:
Wow that was quick, great work skwire! Tried and tested - no problems here, works 100% as expected :)
-daws0n (February 13, 2012, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great to hear.  Thanks for reporting back.   ;)

sfv4me:
skwire, first i must say i love the program. i spent hours searching google for recursive sfv checkers and after installing, testing, deleting quite a few i came across your one.  :Thmbsup:

some things i would like to recommend:

first: at the bottom of the screen alongside "total", "ok", "bad"... can you put one for "sfv"? this would show the total number of sfvs there are.

second: when i am doing a recursive check on a hdd, it is normally for thousands of files. i dont care too much to have all the files showing up in the screen. what do you think of having just a sfv file line showing then having a "+" or arrow (like in the registry) next to it which will expand to show the actual files which are being checked. if you are not sure what i mean, sort of like how the registry does it (i.e. you click the arrow to expand the next section). so if i dropped 30 folders onto the main window it should only show the 30 sfv rows then i can expand to see the files if need be.

third: if there is a bad or missing file, to highlight the line in yellow, red or some other color. this makes it visually stand out more. so if the second recommendation is implemented, the sfv main row would be red, then when you expand the missing/bad files row is also red.

what do you think?

skwire:
skwire, first i must say i love the program. i spent hours searching google for recursive sfv checkers and after installing, testing, deleting quite a few i came across your one.  :Thmbsup:-sfv4me (May 08, 2012, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you and welcome to DonationCoder.  =]

first: at the bottom of the screen alongside "total", "ok", "bad"... can you put one for "sfv"? this would show the total number of sfvs there are.-sfv4me (May 08, 2012, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Can do.

what do you think of having just a sfv file line showing then having a "+" or arrow (like in the registry) next to it which will expand to show the actual files which are being checked.-sfv4me (May 08, 2012, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately, I don't think this can be done with the standard listview control that is available to me in AutoHotkey (the language all my tools are written in).

third: if there is a bad or missing file, to highlight the line in yellow, red or some other color. this makes it visually stand out more. so if the second recommendation is implemented, the sfv main row would be red, then when you expand the missing/bad files row is also red.-sfv4me (May 08, 2012, 07:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

I have done this before for other apps but there are some programming-related caveats.  I'll check which libraries are available these days and see if they've solved some of those issues.  I assume you did see that the row icons do change colour if a file is missing or the hash doesn't match?

sfv4me:
hi skwire, thanks for the speedy response.

thanks for the first part.

about the second part, if it cannot be done i can live without it. i do like how the interface is clean and does what it does. some other ones i found to be too gimmicky and showed too many things which made it cluttered.

for the third part, yes i did notice the colour change when either the checksums differ or the file is missing. i do not want to change the program too much because some other people might not like the idea, but if it was possible to add a row highlight colour, maybe have that as an option so as to leave the default as it is now.

another thing i thought of is to be able to right-click on any file and have the option to open folder location so you can go straight to the folder.

i think i will keep using this program.  :)

skwire:
Thanks for your patience.  Please give this version a test and let me know if it does what you requested.

http://skwire.dcmembers.com/apps/sfv_ninja/SFVNinja_v1.1.0.2.zip

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version