ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)

<< < (8/32) > >>

skwire:
Hi, Cornucopiae, and welcome to the site.

Yes, I know in Unicode version is OK. MD5 is OK in ANSI. Why crc32 is not? I don't use Unicode version because it incompatible with QuickSFV and many other programs. Sorry for my Eng.-Cornucopiae (January 26, 2012, 10:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've tested the ANSI version out a bit and the MD5 checksum reported in the ANSI version (for Unicode filenames) is not right.  It will report the same checksum for all Unicode filenames (D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E).  Is this the same checksum you get?  If so, this is a bug in the ANSI version.  In other words, you're going to have to use the Unicode version for your Unicode filenames.  The resulting SFV is written in UTF-8 format which is why a lot of other SFV programs can't handle SFV files produced by the SFV Ninja Unicode version.

Cornucopiae:
skwire
Yes, I got this checksum D41D8CD98F00B204E9800998ECF8427E. Thanks, now I understand.

daws0n:
Thanks for creating this really helpful tool, I have been looking for something like this for a long time!

GUI is nice and it works great for scanning and checking files via existing SFVs, but I am having problems with the update feature. Unless I am using it incorrectly, this is the problem I face...

I have a folder of pictures, with a single .sfv file for checking (verify.sfv, created with your software). This loads and checks the folder contents fine, but after I add new pictures I want to update the SFV to include them also. So... first I "add folders to list" and select the photo folder, and then "load checksum file" and select the corresponding existing verify.sfv.

I expected it to simply add the new photos to the main window since the existing files were accounted for... But it treats everything in the verify.sfv list as a "newly added file"... So, the "verify newly added files only" option doesn't not work properly in this case.... It it no quicker than creating an entire SFV again due to the duplicate entries!

I am with Deozaan on this, any chance of incorporating "trim duplicates" option? Could you implement this easily with the information referenced in file paths column? I.e if an absolute file path appears more than once, the duplicates are deleted. This would make updating SFVs far easier and would be a most welcome feature - I've yet to find another tool that offers such flexibility as yours.

skwire:
Thanks for creating this really helpful tool, I have been looking for something like this for a long time!-daws0n (February 12, 2012, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome and welcome to the site.   :)

I am with Deozaan on this, any chance of incorporating "trim duplicates" option?-daws0n (February 12, 2012, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've added this type of logic into the latest build.  However, the expectation is that the user load any checksum file(s) FIRST.  This way, all files within the checksum file get added with their appropriate checksums.  After that, you can add files/folders and it will only add files that don't already exist in the list, to the list.  Does that make sense?  At any rate, give this version a try:

Website | Download
v1.1.0 - 2012-02-12
    + Duplicate files are no longer added to the list.  (Thanks, Deozaan and daws0n)
    + Last used folder should be remembered now when adding folders.  (Thanks, Deozaan)
    ! Handled bug where an erroneous MD5 checksum would be generated for a Unicode
      filename whilst using the ANSI version.  (Thanks, Cornucopiae)

daws0n:
Wow that was quick, great work skwire! Tried and tested - no problems here, works 100% as expected :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version