ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)

<< < (3/32) > >>

skwire:
Update:  I have the application working with MD5 and SHA-1 hashes.  I just need to write the file loading and saving routines (easy stuff) and it should be done.  

I did want to get some input on how to handle the three different types of hashes.  Even though it's easy to differentiate between the different hashes due to their checksum length, I'd like to stay away from any sort of fuzzy logic stuff that would attempt guess at which type of hash is being called for.  The reason for this is that I don't want to encourage mixed hash types in the list.  Does this make sense?  So, with that being said, I was thinking three new "mode" buttons on the toolbar; one each for crc32 (SFV), md5 and sha-1 modes.  The user will need to set one of the three modes before attempting to load and/or check files.  Does this sound like a reasonable solution?  If not, feel free to suggest something else.  

Marc.D:
It sounds reasonable to me. I actually didn't thought about it and I agree I would prefer not to check other types of hashes that may be loaded and mixed in the list.

skwire:
Give this a try:

Website | Download
v1.0.3 - 2011-04-08
    + Added modes/support for MD5 and SHA-1 algorithms.  (Thanks, Marc.D)

Marc.D:
Thank you Skwire, really appreciated :):):)
It's working nice here. :beerchug:

skwire:
So, I presume you were able to recursively load MD5 files from your music folder?  Also, if I may, are the changes intuitive enough?  One thing I still need to add is a way to cancel a scan (either with a button or, say, the Escape key).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version