ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)

<< < (16/32) > >>

stefanobrunesci:
Hmmm...I did some thinking about this and made a small change in the code.  Please redownload the zip and let me know if v1.1.3.2 makes any difference in your tests.  Thank you.
-skwire (September 07, 2012, 03:03 PM)
--- End quote ---
Hi skwire, thanks for the speedy update! :)

Just ran up 10 instances at the same time to test and no spurious "bad" results, so it looks good!

Thanks again

Ciao
Stefano

skwire:
Good to know; thanks for the report back.  :Thmbsup:

BTW, SFV Ninja is single-threaded so I'm not certain how much benefit you're getting from running multiple instances.  Just thought you'd like to know.  Thanks for joining the site!

stefanobrunesci:
SFV Ninja is single-threaded so I'm not certain how much benefit you're getting from running multiple instances.
-skwire (September 09, 2012, 01:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
I guess the benefit (for me) is that I can fire up a bunch of instances in one go and set them to creating/verify checksums on a load of folders, then just leave them to get on with it - eg. overnight - rather than having to do each one sequentially.

Thanks again :)

Ciao
Stefano

skwire:
I guess the benefit (for me) is that I can fire up a bunch of instances in one go and set them to creating/verify checksums on a load of folders, then just leave them to get on with it - eg. overnight - rather than having to do each one sequentially.
-stefanobrunesci (September 09, 2012, 02:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I see.  However, doing it that way is definitely going to very taxing on your harddrives.  Were you aware that one SFV Ninja instance can load multiple checksum files into its list?

stefanobrunesci:
Were you aware that one SFV Ninja instance can load multiple checksum files into its list?
-skwire (September 09, 2012, 02:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, thanks :)

My archiving "strategy" requires separate checksum files for each top level folder though, so when creating the files in the first place it's easier to just run up a separate instance per folder :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version