ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)

<< < (10/32) > >>

sfv4me:
wow skwire, i wasn't expecting a release so soon.  :Thmbsup:

the row colors aren't too harsh but they still stand out which is good and is what i am looking for.

you forgot to add the sfv total at the bottom of the screen along side the other counters.

another thing i have noticed is, when i use "scan folder for checksum files and load" it loads the sfv but it won't check the row which has missing files. so if i verify all files, the counter at the bottom still shows 0 missing at the end of the check (the row is highlighted as missing though which is fine). so at the moment i have to remember to "check all rows" option before running the verify. could you make it default to "check" all the rows when adding the sfv?

thanks a lot.

skwire:
you forgot to add the sfv total at the bottom of the screen along side the other counters.-sfv4me (May 11, 2012, 07:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I wasn't sure how to implement this.  For instance, let's say you add five SFVs to the list but then delete some rows and add, say, five more SFVs to the list.  Are we now at ten?  Or, do we start over on every add action so we'd be at five?  Let's say you load two SFVs and then remove some rows.  Are we now still at two even with partial loads?  Lots of different scenarios here.

another thing i have noticed is, when i use "scan folder for checksum files and load" it loads the sfv but it won't check the row which has missing files. so if i verify all files, the counter at the bottom still shows 0 missing at the end of the check (the row is highlighted as missing though which is fine). so at the moment i have to remember to "check all rows" option before running the verify. could you make it default to "check" all the rows when adding the sfv?-sfv4me (May 11, 2012, 07:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

Actually, that's a bug.  It should be counting missing files even if they're not checked.  I'll fix this.  =]

sfv4me:
i am glad i noticed the bug.  :P

regarding the sfv counter... it shouldn't really matter how many you add or delete because it depends on the verified check at the end. the counter should show how many sfvs were checked in total.

skwire:
regarding the sfv counter... it shouldn't really matter how many you add or delete because it depends on the verified check at the end. the counter should show how many sfvs were checked in total.
-sfv4me (May 11, 2012, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---

Right, but you're not checking SFVs...you're checking files.  As in, once you load an SFV's files into the list, SFV Ninja doesn't know or care about which SFV the file(s) came from.  I mean, I can certainly keep count of the number of SFVs parsed through and loaded but it would become meaningless if you were you, say, clear the list and add more SFVs to the list.  Follow me?

sfv4me:
oooh, of course.. the sfv itself isn't getting checked.  :-[

but wouldn't most people clear the files in the list before adding some more folders? thats what i do. i plan to check one hard drive, once the verify is complete, remove files from list, grab another hard drive and do the same for that. if the list is cleared it gets reset back to zero. its just that if i added 30 folders, i would expect there to be 30 sfvs, so it would be confirming that they were all picked up.

if it can't be done, then it's ok.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version