ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: SFV Ninja (Simple File Verification application)

<< < (25/32) > >>

skwire:
Hi, xviruz, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.   :)

1. Do not remember "full screen" as the last used resolution. It's a bit annoying when the program starts up un-maximized but still takes up the entire screen.

2. Faster skips for files with saved checksums. It takes over 10 mins to go through 10k or so files that already have saved checksums when using "verify new files only" (Win 7 x64, Core i5, 8GB RAM, 7200RPM Seagate drive). I'm not sure why that is---if this is all in memory, it should very fast. If GUI is the issue, update it less frequently?-xviruz (December 26, 2014, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Both these items should be addressed in the latest version I just uploaded.  Please test and let me know.  Links at bottom.

3. Allow the comment to display "This file has been modified" when a file's modified timestamp is later than the SFV's creation timestamp. If the timestamp metadata is pulled together with file size when scanning files, there should be no performance penalty. Though, I'd understand if you think this bloats the program in a negative way.-xviruz (December 26, 2014, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

The timestamp data is not currently pulled for each file so I'm not certain how much cumulative time this would add.  So, how important is this feature to you?  

Thanks for all your hard work.-xviruz (December 26, 2014, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

You're very welcome.   :Thmbsup:

Website | Download
v1.2.7 - 2014-12-26
    * Better window handling when launching the app after it had been closed in
      a maximised state.  (Thanks, xviruz)
    ! Fixed a slow speed issue when verifying files with an already saved
      checksum in place.  (Thanks, xviruz)

xviruz:
Both these items should be addressed in the latest version I just uploaded.  Please test and let me know.  Links at bottom.-skwire (December 26, 2014, 10:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, they both work great. It's much faster now!

The timestamp data is not currently pulled for each file so I'm not certain how much cumulative time this would add.  So, how important is this feature to you?-skwire (December 26, 2014, 10:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's nice-to-have but not critical: the drives I'm CRC'ing are largely append/read-only, so it's not too hard to sift through the bad CRCs and figure out if it was because the file changed. I guess if most of your files are always changing, stale CRCs will be pretty useless.

I haven't ever developed in Windows, so my guess was that if it were anything like Unix, where stat-ing a file will give you a struct with both file size and timestamps, it wouldn't add any disk overheads (since you're already scanning for file sizes). If that's not the case, it'd probably take twice as long in the worst case (an additional scan, no caching).

xviruz:
I just noticed that the "Total" bar is broken. It either doesn't update at all or, when verifying newly added files, gets stuck in a partial state (bar never goes to the end). It was working fine in 1.2.6.

skwire:
I just noticed that the "Total" bar is broken. It either doesn't update at all or, when verifying newly added files, gets stuck in a partial state (bar never goes to the end). It was working fine in 1.2.6.-xviruz (December 27, 2014, 09:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry about that.   :-[

Website | Download
v1.2.8 - 2014-12-27
    ! Total progress bar was broken in the last build.  (Thanks, xviruz)

Bluedraft:
Hi, I have 20 files from different directories ready for the checksum, it is possible to output 20 .sfv files in their respective directories instead just one with the 20 checksums? thanks in advance for any help and best regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version