ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What Android Apps Do You Use?

<< < (44/49) > >>

4wd:
Does that go for Bluemail, that you mentioned before?  I tried it - not the new version - on one account only, so didn't see multi-account behaviour.  It's pretty, but I came across a comment that it saves your mail in its cloud, which I would much prefer to avoid.-rjbull (July 29, 2021, 04:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, defaults to last email account used but it's a unified one by default, to choose another account you have to go through a menu, (which is at the top left of the display, naturally 🙄).

According to their privacy policy, they don't save emails on their servers.
If you activate the Instant Push facility, emails will transit their servers long enough to grab header info, (1-2 seconds for the Push notification), then they're deleted.
For some of the other optional facilities they'll store enough info to enable them to work but none of them include storing your emails.

Fwiw, I only use BlueMail on my tablet for three 'junk' Gmail accounts, (ones I'd rather not clutter K-9 Mail with).

You can get previous versions, (don't know how many), on F-Droid.

rjbull:
[...] Bluemail [...]came across a comment that it saves your mail in its cloud-rjbull (July 29, 2021, 04:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

According to their privacy policy, they don't save emails on their servers.-4wd (July 30, 2021, 03:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well, that's good, at least.

K-9 Mail:
You can get previous versions, (don't know how many), on F-Droid.-4wd (July 30, 2021, 03:07 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, grabbed a copy of the last one that will run on my old tablet.

People on Play aren't really happy with the new version.-4wd (July 29, 2021, 07:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
I gave it a quick look, and it seemed about 9 to 1 against the new interface.  Seems no point in turning it into another me-too without distinguishing features.

4wd:
Well, it looks like side loading from the F-Droid compiled version has broken whatever Play store link there was, it hasn't tried to update to the latest version.

So I'm stuck with v5.6

EDIT: v5.6 has disappeared from F-Droid, (looks like they only keep the current and previous two versions).

Old versions here: https://k-9-mail.en.uptodown.com/android/versions

Attronarch:
The whole thing with K-9 Mail is a travesty. And the main dev that took over and busted the app is paid €4000 every month from some German fund. To piss off hundreds of people. Reading his answers on their forum makes me sick.

rjbull:
EDIT: v5.6 has disappeared from F-Droid [...]

Old versions here: https://k-9-mail.en.uptodown.com/android/versions
-4wd (August 03, 2021, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
I grabbed in from F-Droid just in time, then.  Thanks for the more comprehensive link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version