ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What Android Apps Do You Use?

<< < (42/49) > >>

tomos:
Can anyone recommend an app to connect remotely to another smartphone and to control that phone (as an ageing-relative-discovers-smartphone solution).

Teamviewer seems to be getting very poor reviews of late (seems they are disconnecting very often/quickly and pushing users to pro version)
AnyDesk apparently just allows remote viewing of another device.

Airdroid is an option, but not easy to setup on non-root devices. (I tried before and gave up - maybe I'd have more patience now: for setup you need to connect the destination phone via USB to a PC with Airdroid windows app installed.)
I will try this again if there's no other suggestions.

4wd:
RemoDroid, Inkwire, and Screen Share

I've tried them but RemoDroid requires root for touch to work.
Inkwire and Screen Share needs permission to draw over the screen but even then I couldn't get them to do anything, I was trying to control my tablet from the phone, (or vice versa), both are Android 10.

Who knows, you may have more luck.

c.gingerich:
Google should have called themselves Skynet... seems appropriate for Android  :D

dantheman:

Here's a list of most of the interesting Android apps I'm using. I didn't include some I use a lot because they are either too niche or local (country)-specific

These are the ones that I think will be of most interest to other forum members:

[*] Bromite: in their own words "Bromite is Chromium plus ad blocking and privacy enhancements". Not my default browser, though
[/list]
-city_zen (January 06, 2020, 12:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Bromite is no more?

Update: no more on Google Play but still downloadable from Bromites' website.

4wd:
That'll teach me to update apps at 00:20, didn't notice that K-9 Mail was in the list and now I've got it's new crappy interface.
:-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version