ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What Android Apps Do You Use?

<< < (41/49) > >>

tomos:
The problem is that the official version doesn't appear to be on the Play Store, but there are a slew of copycats available that most likely contain spy/adware if not outright malware. So get it here:
https://vancedapp.com/
-Deozaan (November 20, 2020, 06:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
hmmm. I installed the manager from their website, using that to install Vanced and Music app non-root. I get this -- says they installed but unavailable. Clicking [install] again has no effect.

have you tried it?

Deozaan:
have you tried it?
-tomos (November 20, 2020, 11:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I have. Also non-root. It worked for me. On multiple devices.

You have to install the MicroG first before it will let you install the video/music apps.

tomos:
You have to install the MicroG first before it will let you install the video/music apps.
-Deozaan (November 21, 2020, 01:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
This, and had to give the Vanced Manager app permission to install in settings for apps :-[

Deozaan:
-Deozaan (November 21, 2020, 01:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
This, and had to give the Vanced Manager app permission to install in settings for apps :-[
-tomos (November 21, 2020, 04:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I tried to install from the app it prompted me to grant permission, so I didn't think about specifying that step. :D

MilesAhead:
I have been using 1 Tap Cache Cleaner Pro for a few months now.  The main function is similar to CCleaner's Deep Clean.  I could not get CCleaner to do the deep clean on my phone.  Through trial and error and reading reviews I found this one.  It is worth spending the few bucks for the Pro because Turbo Mode cache cleaning is about 5 times faster than the one used in the free version.

Plus it comes with a cool widget that shows the current total cache in use.  Tapping the widget brings up the main UI so you can refresh and choose how thorough a clean to perform.  It has some other functions I have not tried so I cannot speak to how well they work.

The Turbo Mode seems to use the same technique as CCleaner but it hides the details of bringing up each app in the cache by showing its own screen on top.  You only see a slight flicker.  It appears to be reliable and it is kind of fun to use through the widget.

I think Turbo Mode requires at least Android 8.0 but if it has been improved to accommodate older Android versions that info may be found in the Pro features description.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version